Aquamedic Blue skimmer

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers, Mechanical Filtration' started by viper357, 16 Dec 2009.

1. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

Is anybody here running the Aquamedic Blue 1000 or 3000 skimmers? I'm looking for some experience on how they perform etc. Thanks.

[​IMG]

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. SCOOBY

SCOOBY SCOOBY

Yes I do.This is a good skimmer.I think I was one of the first to get this skimmer.It works very well.I am happy with it.

[​IMG]

4. leslie hempel

leslie hempel Moderator MASA Contributor

Gaz is aswell ..

5. Nemos Janitor

Nemos Janitor

I have not used or come across this skimmer. however the Hailea pump that drives that model looks very similar to that of the earlier models. IME the models I have come across have been problem some. My perception of the older models may be biased and there fore convincing tainted some.

IMO do a deal with the D-D. guys. :whistling: good quality and you can always rib them if not satisfied. :biggrin:

Deltec TC 1655 External | The Aquarium Solution

6. ronaldgv

ronaldgv

I bought one a few months ago, the pump only worked for a week, it was damaged, they offered to exchnage it but the freight back and forth from Costa Rica to the US was more expensive than the skimmer. I did some DIY and conected a regular powerhead with an air hose and works OK. I think that if I get a better pump it would work better, however, with the original pump and with the current one, I never could stop the microbubbles, had to put a sponge in the outlet.

Recent Posts