Aquaforest 3 part balling

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I am currently doing my own 3 part dosing in my nano tank using DIY chemicals. So before I get shot down regarding buying expensive chemicals, when I could just continue using my current (extremely cheap) DIY dosing, hear me out.....

I currently have two issues with my dosing system.

1. Since my stocking density is fairly high, I know that even though I am doing an ~25% water change (10L change on a 40L tank) weekly, I am still losing micro and trace elements. I can see this as my colouration in some of my corals has dulled slightly over the last few weeks. When I began dosing these elements (conservatively and without testing), the colouration improved. I am reluctant to continue dosing these elements without testing, and frankly, I'm also too lazy to test.

2. I think the ionic balance must be out, as I am dosing mostly the chloride versions of Ca and Mg. Even though I do a rather large weekly water change, in theory, I would still have a nett weekly increase in chloride ions.

My question:
Who has used the AF dosing products? Have you seen any difference to previous methods?

AF accounts for "ionic balancing" using the reef mineral salt, and they incorporate all trace elements into the mixtures in the correct ratios so you are always dosing the right amount of trace elements. This method looks really appealing, and even though it is fairly expensive to start (R1500 for all the chemicals), they'll last forever for my system.

Thoughts?

Howsit,

Just gt the component strong and the reef mineral salt and see if colours improve. I used my own calcium chloride, mag n bicarb when i ran out of the AF stuff.

To start out u cn use the AF stuff n see if bulk chems make a difference later om once dialled in.

Also the 80g of bicarb to 1lt RO is the equivalent to the RHF recipe so no math just a simple switch over if u using the unbaked bicarb recipe.

I am.. Very happy with results so far coz I'm spending less time dosing things and sps been happy

Anyone else been using the AF range?

Run all my systems exclusively on AF and brilliant results. Go research AF where they produce the stuff in Poland and youll quickly see that these guys are the real deal.

Yes I have it running now. I need to dial it in properly, but so far so good. I am empressed with the purity of the product. There are no visible residues or particulates at all in the solutions, and they all mix quickly. I will be continuing to get the dosing amount right this month, but hopefully it'll be dialed in by early September properly

Back
Top Bottom