Aqua Medic Wave

Reaction score
Aqua Medic : Seawater Catalogue : Electronics : Wave

I just purchased this pump controller for my tank. Nice bit of gear. Its has different presets that the controller can run. Namely: standard, storm, wave, sunny day, reef, beach, Ocean, and random. They are all different powerhead patterns.

Anyone with experience on what preset is best ?

The unit has a light sensor and slows the flow down at night, alternating one powerhead at a time. is this OK?

It has a feed button which is really cool, shuts down all pumps for 10 minutes so I can feed Coral Frenzy.

Warr. very similar to the Tunze multi controller that I use. Works well and is a nice piece of equipment to have.

Does it also come with a moonlight and moon phase spectrum?

Warr. very similar to the Tunze multi controller that I use. Works well and is a nice piece of equipment to have.

Does it also come with a moonlight and moon phase spectrum?

Nope, that is on my light controller, I will submit a thread shortly.

Awesome piece of equipment Warren, you won't regret it.

awsome thing that!Zubeir Joosab has one on his system.

Might be wrong, but afaik, The AM WAVE simply switches pumps on and off. It does not operate on the same principle as seio or tunze controllers, which alter pump speeds.
Furthermore, seios are not designed for continuos switching, hence the rattling sound when they switch on. Constant on off switching will eventually break the impellor. Fortunately seio impellors are freely available................

Might be wrong, but afaik, The AM WAVE simply switches pumps on and off. It does not operate on the same principle as seio or tunze controllers, which alter pump speeds.
Furthermore, seios are not designed for continuos switching, hence the rattling sound when they switch on. Constant on off switching will eventually break the impellor. Fortunately seio impellors are freely available................

Thanks for the heads up, I get a couple of spare impellors. Will it be very evident that the impellor has broken (bits floating in the tank)

Any suggestions on what preset cycle I should run or should I just go with random ?

:razz: Surely you mean "commonplace"? ;)

Thats the word i was looking for.

Any suggestions on what preset cycle I should run or should I just go with random ?
Try random to start off with, I don't think your tank's inhabitants will have any complaints about the nice random flow that the unit will provide them :)

When you're in a bad mood switch it to storm and watch the buggers swim for their lives :lol:

Try random to start off with, I don't think your tank's inhabitants will have any complaints about the nice random flow that the unit will provide them :)

When you're in a bad mood switch it to storm and watch the buggers swim for their lives :lol:

Dude, they have had storm for the last 2 months, 4 x M1100's in 400 l :whistling:

i also chave one. i set mine in storm and random. i dont like the calm day as it doesnt alternate enough. i had a problem with the seios on it. but one of the best ever pieces of equipment

This unit has a day/night cycle. All heads run during day cycle and only one during night cycle.

Would it make any difference if I reversed the cycles ?

Reason I ask is I run a sump light late at night.

At present I have to block the light sensor to stop the day cycle from being activated

i also chave one. i set mine in storm and random. i dont like the calm day as it doesnt alternate enough. i had a problem with the seios on it. but one of the best ever pieces of equipment

awesome piece of equipment! got one on the weekend from imarine!

how do you set the mode between storm and random?do you physically turn the knob?

awesome piece of equipment! got one on the weekend from imarine!

how do you set the mode between storm and random?do you physically turn the knob?

Here is the list of modes, random runs through all of them:

position of the switch program number

Mode 0 „standard“
Mode 1 „storm“
Mode 2 „wave“
Mode 3 „ sunny day“
Mode 4 „ reef“
Mode 5 „beach“
Mode 6 „Ocean“
Mode 7 „ random“

If you want I can mail you the instruction manual

Back