Aqua H2O AF-62

Reaction score
I never I thought would be asking advice on a nano.

Here goes, I have the nano listed above. I am breeding aiptasia in this tank.

i have the pump running though the top section / hood.

Do i need to run any sort of filters etc. keeping in mind I am only breeding aiptasia.

Reaction score
Check your nitrates after a few days, Stupid question, but do you need to feed them? otherwise, do a minimal water change every now and then.

Reaction score
Check your nitrates after a few days, Stupid question, but do you need to feed them? otherwise, do a minimal water change every now and then.
I don't feed the aiptasia, all I do is replace the water from my WC in my main display.

Do you reckon nitrates will effect the aiptasia ?

Reaction score
dont worry. we battle to kill them! trust me you wont be doing them any harm!
now slice slice slice them buggers!

Reaction score
dont worry. we battle to kill them! trust me you wont be doing them any harm!
now slice slice slice them buggers!
Thanks Gaz, I though as much. You won't believe how much I already have, I even have two different varieties of the species.

Reaction score
i have one living in my skimmer. right by the water inlet! the poor sod gets blasted all day long. :lol:

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Hey Warr - sorry that the timing just didn't work out for me to send you some aptaisia.

If you feed your aptaisia, then they WILL multiply - a LOT and quick. And no - you don't even need to do water changes OR have a power-head in the tank. Perhaps you want to use the power-head to "slice up" the aptaisia? ;-)

They will live, and seems to survive, in absolutely ANY bloody environment.
And yes - I just WISH that I did NOT have aptaisia. IF only I can get that CBB from a fellow reefer that actually feeds (that it does not die in my tank), AND that eats the aptaisia!

Reaction score
No prob J.

I have two different sub species of aiptasia, the one is darker and gets huge (actually takes my CB at least 3/4 bites to finish it off) and the other is smaller, lighter and way more mobile.

I have been bashing the aiptasia with the tanks LR, thia makes them multiple very quickly.

My main display's WC go into the Aiptasia tank, so they get loads of food.

CB is eating around 4/5 per day, depending how many jump on the frag plugs.

Another thing I have noticed is the Tangs love the Frag plugs from the Aiptasia tank, and this must be due to there being no Algae grazers in there.

I get some pics tonite.

Reaction score
Quick off topic then back on. Best way to kill. I have 1 or 2 and wanna kill before it becomes 400 or 500!!! Instruct me pros... Thanks Neil

Reaction score
Before my Copperband, I used to use a needle and syringe with kalkwasser and inject them. It was very effective. Now I just watch my terminator chop them up :thumbup:

Reaction score
so few. pinch them every now and then. they will feel threatend and make babies!!
hahahaha worth a try