Aptiasia - really that bad?

I used a wap was tired of them bastards. Rock now sits in the sump for additional filtration.

Forget sexual just kill them or remove rock before it even thinks about anything

I am not joking when I say that I have the MOST success with farming these critters. You guys should see the size that mine attain. About 10cm tall, and the tentacles are around 7cm in diameter....

I am not joking when I say that I have the MOST success with farming these critters. You guys should see the size that mine attain. About 10cm tall, and the tentacles are around 7cm in diameter....

Surely the bigger they are the easier they are to inject ?

jacquesb i think that is the best to scrub the rocks...But tell me me after you scrubbed the the rocks do you rinse the rocks in RO water before using again or what...?

Definitely rinsed and even left to dry in the sun for a few days in my case.

jacquesb have you tried entering Guinness World Records.Damm that is big do you target feed them to get to that size:lol::lol::lol: I reall feel for you man good luck.

No - I don't target feed them ;)

BUT, they are big enough to catch the bloody pellets that I feed my fish!

And yes - you do indeed remove all the flesh if you scrub the rocks.... I constantly did this up till about 6 months ago..... Until my cousin (who looked after my house while I was gone), overfed the tank - the aptaisia then JUST exploded!
And ADVdiver - Brent will confirm this on Saturday... ;)

No - I don't target feed them ;)

BUT, they are big enough to catch the bloody pellets that I feed my fish!

And yes - you do indeed remove all the flesh if you scrub the rocks.... I constantly did this up till about 6 months ago..... Until my cousin (who looked after my house while I was gone), overfed the tank - the aptaisia then JUST exploded!
And ADVdiver - Brent will confirm this on Saturday... ;)

:lol::lol: Would you like me to bring some food with me on Saturday to feed your aips ? :lol::lol:

I'll go on another killing spree this coming weekend... :thumbup:

Another question on kalk or boiling water or any other aptiasia slaughter ingredients - must I try to inject the aptiasia with it or is it just so simple to make sure that I cover it with it (what ever I use).

Then - must I try to suck the dead bastards out of the tank, or can I leave their bodies as a warning for any other possible intruders?:whistling:

oh - I'll try to post some pics later on my aptiasia farm...

i would def suggest direct injection with all pumps OFF so as not to have concerntrated kalk drifting over the nearby inhabitants. Restrict as much collateral damage as possible and i wouldnt kill TOO many at once, or else watch your ph (if you ahve a probe) as you will be adding kalk and dont want to get carried away:)

use a thin needle so it gets down to the base of the buggers and make sure the kalk is well mixed so as to not clogg the needle while you work

Just squirt it into their mouth. It should close and munch it up. Some of mine didn't so i just kept on zapping them.

Make sure you turn of all your pumps while doing this. Once you are done you can turn on your pumps and your syslem will get rid of everything through the skimmer etc.

If you notice more after you have zapped them give it a few days then do it again.

Why not just take the rock you are working on out of the tank while you inject.
the are often under rocks and ripping ones reef apart to get them is heart breaking. I would hit those that i can without taking anything out, and then only if i had to would i remove the reef to kill them....also damage to any other life on the rock due to air should be avoided (ponges and sea squirts a very simple example)

the are often under rocks and ripping ones reef apart to get them is heart breaking. I would hit those that i can without taking anything out, and then only if i had to would i remove the reef to kill them....also damage to any other life on the rock due to air should be avoided (ponges and sea squirts a very simple example)

True Crispin. I was fortunate and only had 3 on two rocks at the top of my reef so I just took the rocks out and injected with Joes Juice. They never came back.

Back
Top Bottom