Anyone want a Peacock Mantis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LikesFish

Blenny
Reaction score
I need to sell one of my two Peacock Mantis shrimps... Anyone interested? Asking R200. The shrimp is about 8cm long if I have to estimate.

crispin

Kingi Angel
Reaction score
i would LOVE it:) but as we both know they are way out of my league as far as keeping them at the moment:( I must say they were the best things I saw at your place, as nice as a 2m predator tank is:)

LikesFish

Blenny
Reaction score
Yeah but just note... They need a dedicated species tank. Cannot coexist with most other things. My cowrie snails seem to be doing fine with them, but that is about it.

crispin

Kingi Angel
Reaction score
wow i am amazed that others are not interested in this. if i was more experienced and knew what i need to know this is possible one of the most intelligent beautiful and facinating fellas I have ever seen in a tank. and Likesfish has a beautiful tank. I just simply would not risk it as I am too inexperienced at marines for now, but its def a critter I would love to keep in furure.

Likes with the camera you have I am sure you have some decent pics of them, dont you wanna post some, especially of those incredibly beautiful eyes they have:)

Matt

Wrasse
Reaction score
Likesfish: They generally keep them in small tanks (even pico's) in the states. I've seen mantis shrimps in 50L tanks

LikesFish

Blenny
Reaction score
Yes matt165 - that is true for most mantis shrimps but not the Peacock Mantis as they get up to 18cm in length... They recommend a minimum of 80L tank for them, but I found that they are happier in a bit larger tank.

crispin

Kingi Angel
Reaction score
Likesfish there was a new thread started for photos of tank creatchures and their care, as in what they are and how people look after them, would u do a small section on your peakocks there?

lanzo

Clarion Angel
Reaction score
hey likefish are you going to sell the tank too later?
Because if you are going to sell it in the future my girlfriends mother told me to ask you that she would love a mantis tank and a mantis in it.

LikesFish

Blenny
Reaction score
Yes. I have 2 mantis shrimps. Punk indicated that he would like to buy my 150L QT tank and one of the mantis shrimps. The QT tank is available right now. So if you are interested, you could take the current mantis shrimp tank and the other mantis when I sell it.

lanzo

Clarion Angel
Reaction score
that will be great man
mantis tank and other mantis for the future.
Rember i have first dibs on it:thumbup:

fishfool

Plankton
Reaction score
i saw some good setup ideas for a mantis only tank here cuz they were discussing it but i wanted to know, are there any fish or creatures a mantis should NOT be combined with in the same tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.