anyone kept these?

Discussion in 'Marine Fish Discussions' started by Slummies, 21 Sep 2009.

1. Slummies

Slummies

hey guys..

im a sucker for predator fish!!! i am intrigued by the Dendrochirus brachypterus. Fuzzy dwarf lionfish.

anyone here veer kept these guys? would like to lean more about them

cheers:peroni:

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Achilles

Achilles

i have kept them before and they are great fish, they can be little more fussy than volitans to get feeding on dead foods but they need to be trained to eat them, they will eat mysis often if there is sufficient current to give the food movement in the water.

also they will eat my crabs and shrimps and smaller fish that they can fit in their mouths

4. Slummies

Slummies Thread Starter

thanks achilles...

what other guys did you have in your tank? im thinking angels.. big ones

5. Fishy Steve

Fishy Steve Hiden super user

I had one. Medium sized. It was hell to get him onto dead food. I tried everything from dangling a piece of shrimp in front of him with string to sticking it on a chopstick. He never really showed an interest. He then stopped eating the mollies and guppies i was feeding him and slowly withered away and died. My suggestion is to buy as young as possible and maybe training will b easier. Also small chromis are not a good idea to keep with them unless they are for food. Believe me this fish will b one of your favourite if not your favorite fish and seeing it die sucks. Good luck.

Recent Posts