Anyone in PE want Chaetodons

Discussion in 'Fish Only Tanks, Predator Tanks' started by Benanna, 2 Mar 2013.

1. Benanna

Benanna

I have one small Chaetodon Lunula in my sump which is about 2cm in size to go to anyone who wants it. It was caught in Seaview a few weeks ago. Feeding well on frozen brine.

I have also spotted 2 x Auriga's in a rock pool and they have been there for weeks. One is also about 2cm and the other is bigger at about 4cm. They look in great condition.

If anyone wants them I will do my best to catch them.

Let me know.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Nemos Janitor

Nemos Janitor

Bud thanks for considering others but it is illegal to catch and give, sell, barter or donate local caught species with the aquarium permit.

There is a saying. "Don't catch your limit, limit your catch for your own needs." :thumbup:

4. Benanna

Benanna Thread Starter

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I didn't know that.

When the cold water starts to come, leading into winter, won't these tropical species die off when the water temp really drops. By catching them are we not prolonging their life? Or is this an old wives tale?

5. Nemos Janitor

Nemos Janitor

Bud I know it is a difficult one in that most will likely not make it. It is a tough call. We have been given a privelage to collect for our aquariums. Lets not jepodise this. Catching for your own aquarium is very rewarding. Many reefers like Ritchard only keep local caught species. He gets great pleasure and pride of his Proudly SA tanks. You too can enjoy.

Recent Posts