Anyone here watching tv via internet?

Discussion in 'Internet' started by chikaboo, 16 Sep 2011.

1. chikaboo

chikaboo

Hey there all you internet boffins .... Is there anyone here thats watches our normal sabc 123 or etv via internet on their pc .... I was connecting my pc tower to my lcd tv and was clever enough to put it face down ontop my tower without realising that one corner was causing too much stress on the inner screen ..... So now I have 1 x sony bravia tv that does not work ...... While I wait to get another is there any way I can catch up on live streaming of tv on the pc?

Last edited: 16 Sep 2011
  2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

You missing days of our lives? :p

4. lIghty

lIghty

Not really via internet chika, our speeds in SA are still to slow, even with a 4Mb line, its not quick enough, you could just get a PCI / USB TV tuner card for the PC.

5. pXius

pXius

DSTV is actually working on a streaming service but I don't see that happening soon hence their "drifter" work around. You can get more details on their forums. But until then lIghty has the best idea.

If you're following non-South African or more popular series you can download most episodes from iTunes. Not that expensive, unless you're capped.

Option 3: Go buy some board games. :D

6. Keanan

Keanan 2time

7de Laan

7. carlosdeandrade

carlosdeandrade

Oh no, I can think if other things.:p

8. seank

seank

Did not think anyone out there are still watching those channels. Mind you, I have no tv here and would even watch sabc channels if I can. Tried the dstv route via laptop, but no 3g here , so I gave that up. Spending my time fishing and drinking in the afternoons. But seriously missing the rugby. Maybe you should take up fishing Chika, way better than watching tv

9. mandarin

mandarin

Lucky you, wish i was there :thumbup:

10. chikaboo

chikaboo Thread Starter

Fishing here in Newcastle? :lol: Just went to give the tv in today .... Those idiots want to bloody fix the thing instead of giving me a new 1 .... BTW .... is anyoe using those home projectors for tv .... Seen some seriously expensive stuff out there ... passed the 100K mark for a sony bravia and another for 237K:eek: I thought the 10-20K ones were expensive ......Awe well ... just have to see how to make the best of the situation ..... Also what about anyone bought the 3D tv's?

Last edited: 21 Sep 2011
  11. chikaboo

chikaboo Thread Starter

I also see no one here watches a 3DTV or uses a projector for their home theater .... mmmm sad!

12. Mc

Mc

As far as I've seen the only chanels that you can stream are over seas channels like itv, and bbc the problem is they use up alot of megs.

13. Singularity

Singularity Hmmm amper!

i use a projector, only downside is that it needs to be relatively dark and replacement globes are expensive, a globe has a lifetime of 3000-5000 hours, and cost roughly R3-6k, but for size nothing beats a projector.

14. chikaboo

chikaboo Thread Starter

mmm I take it this is an expensive unit Singularity? ... seen some complete units for like 6-8K .... LCD projectors with bulbs for 1.5K .... 5000 hrs bulb lifespan .... Want to use it in the bedroom and usually dark there ... 800x600 resolution and distance from wall to wall is 3.5M

Recent Posts