Anyone ever used one of these?

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by LikesFish, 25 Mar 2008.

1. LikesFish

LikesFish

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Obi-Wan

Obi-Wan

Brand unheard of..

Hi

Any specific use you want these for?

i use other meters, and have experience with KNOWN, more established brands.

No doubt AZ corp. MAY be good . On the other hand I doubt typical aquarists, scientists would be acquainted with it.

Most would favour manufacturers listed below.

Mettler-Toledo, Milwaukee-Martini, Hanna
    are Aquaculture, Biochemistry,Chemistry, Pharmaceutical global standards of quality, reliability, availability with a track record.

WRT the unit you enquired about:

milwaukee sm 802, is a close match.
    Replaceable probe, 1y guarantee, pH, TDS, Conductivity meter.
    Value ~ R2500

Or even martini MI805/MI806 which is waterproof portable multimeter with pH/EC/TDS/Temp and features
    Value ~R4000

I use these meter types to prepare water for Discus breeding/maintenance, RO water quality,aquarium/hatchery TDS monitoring.

There is another Lab grade Digital Salinity/sg/Temp meter with ATC, variously rebranded by AquaMedic and a few water chemistry/meter companies.
    Value ~R1000

It's pen-type and my research indicates it to be a reliable, accurate affordable unit.

Does this help, at all?

You can shoot questions at AQuality, about these and other meters/monitors/controllers.

He teaches, I learn;)

4. LikesFish

LikesFish Thread Starter

Thanks for the info. Yes I want to use if for what it measures - TDS, salinity (conductivity) and the temp of the marine tank.

That unit is R1700, the equivalent Hanna is R9500.

Recent Posts