Anybody with Chaeto/Caulerpa in Northriding area

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by cmclellen, 30 Sep 2011.

1. cmclellen

cmclellen

Is there anyone with any Chaeto/Calerpo in Northriding area - I've tried at all the pet shops, but they don't have.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. gMAN

gMAN with the plan

I'm in Houghton Estate if you don't find any, have some chaeto

4. cmclellen

cmclellen Thread Starter

Thanks a mill gMAN - I'm actually quite desperate as my tank isn't looking great. Would it be ok I pop in tomorrow or when ever it's ok with you. How do you manage to keep the stuff - I've kept Chaeot before but it doesn't stay nice and green - I had calerpo too, and then grew like crazy but then reached a point were it all then just disappeared - I suspect there weren't any nutrients left for it to continue growing.

Last edited: 30 Sep 2011
  5. gMAN

gMAN with the plan

I'm working the weekend so tomorrow after 5:30 or sunday after 4:30 would be good for me. I havn't had any experience with caulerpa but I believe they can outcompete themselves for food, as for growing chaeto, I've kept mine under a 100W bulb which I think is one of the benefitting factors and nutrients of course...

Last edited: 30 Sep 2011
  6. cmclellen

cmclellen Thread Starter

Ahhhhh ok - I'll try that - I just had mine under a T5, but I'll try create a little structure to mount an energy saver on and see if I have any luck with that. Would you mind I pop over tomorrow then after 5:30 - I can give you a call before hand in case you not home?

7. gMAN

gMAN with the plan

yeah, they need strong light. tomorrow after 5:30 is cool, will pm my number...

8. Suhayl

Suhayl

Hows the grass going to sort your problem out, look at the bigger picture. My bet is you have high nutrients so you would have to start with water changes with 0 tds water. Some phosphate media and carbon will a bit to.

9. rakabos

rakabos

Recent Posts