Anybody want a mantis shrimp?

Reaction score
HI All

I extracted a mantis shrimp from my tank yesterday. I don't have a sump to put him in. At the moment he is swimming in a plastic bowl with tank water.

About 6cm long, greenw ith orange stripe down back.

Will post pic shortly.

Anybody interested. No response by tonight will result in him being flushed.

Send me PM if you interested.

i might take him for a species tank, let me see the pic :)

HI All

I extracted a mantis shrimp from my tank yesterday. I don't have a sump to put him in. At the moment he is swimming in a plastic bowl with tank water.

About 6cm long, greenw ith orange stripe down back.

Will post pic shortly.

Anybody interested. No response by tonight will result in him being flushed.

Send me PM if you interested.

No need to kill marine life - he didn't ask to be there. I'm sure you can be more patient to make a plan :)

looks similar to this:

139449421c3f9469d.jpg

Ok, will he be OK in the water for another night? I will feed him when I get home.

I have someone at home during the day, if anyone wants to collect.

I work in Kempton Park, stay in Edenvale

Hubby works in Braenston.

Lets work around that.

Please PM me and we can arrange.

i still havent seen the other mantis?

how big was it peanut?
and how big is the one you taking to warr

Damn, where did you get your rock from? It came with a lot of life on it.

LFS in boksburg, PM me if you want details.

Must say, besides the nasties, other nice life forms came with.

I noticed a couple of more fure . bristle worms and even a small nudi-banch type critter the other night.

Keeping an eye on these guys.

i think it is the small type of mantis shrimp, they don't tend to get much larger than that.

My girlfriends mother also has two in her tank and they behave themselves quite well

Question:

Would a mantis shrimp attach a cleaner shrimp (firecracker)?

It wanted to attack my scooter goby yesterday, that's why I removed it from tank :nono:

if its hungry, it will kill

one get 2 types of mantis shrimps....slasher(spears)....will kill fish, smasher (clubs)....will leave fish alone but cuc will die

smasher (clubs)....will leave fish alone but cuc will die

Does depend on your Mantis. Check on Reef central, loads of Peacock owners, have had experiences with them taking down fish.

It seems to depend how hungry and aggressive your particular mantis is, almost like Angels and corals ;)

Wahey! Good stuff.
Some poor unsuspecting person will be getting "Scuba" (my mantis that went to Crispin) when they go to get some new LR at LFS *chuckle *

Shame, good luck to them. I had two. One to Lanzo & one to Gemini.

Strange I read yesterday that wrasses also eat mantis shrimps. Only found this out after I removed him............., but for the best because he tried to attack my prized scooter goby

Shame, good luck to them. I had two. One to Lanzo & one to Gemini.

Strange I read yesterday that wrasses also eat mantis shrimps. Only found this out after I removed him............., but for the best because he tried to attack my prized scooter goby

Yeah, but have you seen the size of these wrasse, definitely not Tank size ;)

Back
Top Bottom