Any tips on my new aquascape?

Reaction score
This is an aquascape for my new 250l tank (fish only untill i get brave enough to try corals) with rock i picked up at the beach
*the rock was cured. Any tips or advice on my new aquascape?
20201121_064652.jpg

hotdog83

Clone Fish
Reaction score
It does look good, but I agree, that rock won’t work well for filtration.

Reaction score
Do you guys know of any place in Cape Town that sells cheap porous rock for a reef tank? Because at most stores im looking at R350 a kilogram

Reaction score
Are one allowed to take rock from the beach? I know you can fish and certain coral with the necessary permits

Reaction score
Pretty cool, might get one like that if I can find one
dont do it dude , will be covered with algae in no time it wont keep its colour and will eventually go brittle , there are ones that lay here on the beaches by us too but the wood eventually just falls apart too , i tried having it in my fish only may years back when i had no clue what i was doing :D

Reaction score
Thanks alot you guys really appreciate the feedback/info
it looks cool but like the other members added its not the way to go, not so much because of filtration but more because there is no place for your bacteria to stay hence they mentioned more porous rock.
you can still use some of it with other rock but it might not look as good mixing the 2 different rocks together . keep checking for some live rock on masa it will help your tank get cycled also get a bottle of stability too.
just try make sure the rocks have no pests /parasites on them.

what other filtration and equipment will you be running with your fish only ?
there are tons of information on here :cheers2:

Reaction score
Im going to use a good hang on back skimmer with a 4000l an hour powerhead, with a canister filter( yes i am aware that they are nitrate factories if not properly maintained) also can i use an LED plant for some low light corals and marine plants cause im going with a planted marine tank,(ive done a few freshwater planted tanks before so will it work?)

Top Bottom