Any of these AIO work without mods?

Discussion in 'Boyu TL450 and TL550 advice' started by Matt, 28 Dec 2011.

1. Matt

Matt MASA Contributor

I started reef keeping about 3 years ago with a JBJ Nanocube 24G (ran it with a haelia chiller as light unit made it really hot). Upgraded to a
    TL550 which I had to gut the hood and add extra light). I ran a 7L pico for a while but goby's are jumpers so that didn't work.

I miss my original setup with a pair of clowns, but not wanting to buy another chiller etc etc. is there an all in one that works stand-alone? I'd love a low maintenance setup with some zoo's or shrooms and a pair of clowns, that I can run without much effort.

Im not sure whats available these days? Do these nanos have led to keep heat out? Any recommendations?

;)

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

There are LED units available. Dorry is running one on a nano display. But not cheap and you need to get rid of the lid.

Nanocube lids are available with LED option, maybe speak to NJ.

4. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

I have a Nanocube 80L. Actually its sold, but still at my place.

Anyway, I do struggle to keep its temp stable. It fluctuate between 23.5 up to 29.5
    Main reason is the location in the house, in front of window, in living room against north wall with corrugated roof and paving outside. Seems that the heat transfer does affect it a lot, as yesterday that was overcast and raining the temp did not reach 26. With lid closed.

Temporary, I have my own ocealaris clowns in there. And they spawned. So they are happy. Even with the temperature changes.

I'm planning a little evaporative cooler. But I changed my mind, I want to combine a ATS with the cooler. Need to see how that work out.

5. Matt

Matt Thread Starter MASA Contributor

What do they go for?

6. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

LED unit at Dorry, do not quote me, I think somewhere above R3000. I really cannot remember and best is to phone them up or go around next week when they reopen.

The Nanocube LED from NJ. You replace your lid with another lid. LED unit fitted to lid. A upgrade provided by Deltec. Again, speak to Nemo Janitor. Price, i really do not know.

Recent Posts