Any idea what this is ?

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Hi Warr - yes - indeed looks like some sea sponge - there are many different colorations and sorts of sea sponges - MOST of them grow in darkness (would be at the bottom or behind the life rock)...

Reaction score
Sorry, cant give you the exact id, but it is a sponge. I have this growing in my frag tank and it is a bit of a pain. It does not stop growning and even grows over the soft corals:( .

I have to pull them off every few months. They tend to pull off in large bits. Not saying you should do the same, but it can become a pest.
HTH,
Neil

Kanga

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Yip looks like a sponge, feel it to be sure

Reaction score
Hi Warr - yes - indeed looks like some sea sponge - there are many different colorations and sorts of sea sponges - MOST of them grow in darkness (would be at the bottom or behind the life rock)...
Lives in my sump.

Reaction score
Sorry, cant give you the exact id, but it is a sponge. I have this growing in my frag tank and it is a bit of a pain. It does not stop growning and even grows over the soft corals:( .

I have to pull them off every few months. They tend to pull off in large bits. Not saying you should do the same, but it can become a pest.
HTH,
Neil
It can grow away, it is in my sump. Also i have read that sponges are one of the best filter feeders around. They apparently move hundreds of litres an hour though them.