Any idea what these are?

Reaction score
pinkthings.jpg

thats very big weeman, these that ive seen is about 5-10mm big,but myne can mybe be something else:p

thats very big weeman, these that ive seen is about 5-10mm big,but myne can mybe be something else:p

Get a picture up, but we need Gaboon to have a good look, they look like valonia from a picture, he needs to have a good look himself.

valinia has a polished look doesn't it?these look like there are growing stuff on them?

valinia has a polished look doesn't it?these look like there are growing stuff on them?

coraline grows over it and hides the shiny green look;) but look bottom right, the 2 there look a bit green/shiny.

The cluster is the size of a R5 coin (±30mm for Weeman). They are pink and softish and have taken 4 months to get to this size. From what I've read bubble algae spreads rapidly and is transparent.

There is coraline growth on them but they are not green. Should I remove it?

Gaboon, are they hard? soft? if they are hard then they are probably valonia, if you gently roll them around you should be able to pull them off without bursting them,

Ok do they feel like they are solid or hollow, remove one if you can so you can get a good look at them, cut it in half and see what it is, if it is hollow/full of water i reckon it is valonia.

I am with wee man on this one and Valonia can get hugh, I am sure i have had it over the 30mm i just never measured it.

I've had that before as well. Not sure if it's also valonia but it's pretty much exactly the same, just red.

Back
Top Bottom