Any idea what going on here

Reaction score
Is the big hermit trying to eat the smaller guy ?

5284809c4967343b.jpg

Probably, but i reckon the little fella has him by two falls and a submission:lol:

I have the same hermits and the do the same thing, to date I have not lost one due to another hermit, maybe they are just saying hello.

I doubt the little guy is impressed by the visit, they will naturally investigate shells and new potential homes, if there is someone inside they may try their luck to get him to evacuate.. whenever you see this just keep an eye on them, the smaller one may have died and he is now being snacked on, look to see if the claw is coming to the mouth. If yu are not sure break them up manually and check inside the small shell to make sure all is OK.

Mine does the same aswell... Never lost one, yet...

These guys are still together, from 10h00 this morning. I have separated them with no harm to either crab

Ditto to what Muz said - remember - all hermit crabs are opportunistic! They will KILL if they find something they like. That is if the "something" does not fight back.....

So - it's their nature.... Mine hermits ALWAYS does this - they inspect ALL shells they come across.... whether there's another hermit in or not...

Problem is I have a Coral Beauty and I reckon they may kill each other

Hi Warr - I have both a coral beauty and a bi-color angel... no problems between them ;-)
BUT - the even though the bi-color angel was in my tank first, my coral beauty is much bigger than the bi-color....

I have been wanting to get a bi-colour and a flame but I am so scared as my Coral beauty is the biggest fish in the tank (alongside the hippo) and he is really FAT.

If others can give me ideas of introducing other dwarf angels, I would love the suggestions.

Along with my coralline it is a plague in my tank. Know of any Fan worm grazers :whistling:

Fans worms are good, they filter your water and look great, why get rid, they are a freebie clean up crew, they do no harm unless you have the rather secretive "vampire fan worm" known to slip out of the tank at night and eat small children?

Leave the poor little things alone you big bully:razz: :razz:

Hey Wee-Man - it's by chance that I found out my bi-color seems to like fan-worms and the other worms with the two tentacles always sticking out of the tubes they construct (not too sure if their exact names)....
At least it keeps my bi-color fat and happy. And growing. So, I am not complaining. My bigger fan worms all seems to be safe for now (I don't have any bought feather duster worms in my tank)....

Back
Top Bottom