Any have a DSB+RDSB+R Refugium here?

Reaction score
Hi all

Now that my stand and sump is done i intend running a DSB and some cheato in the sump, a Remote deep sand bed in a bucket as well as a remote refugium in a plastic container around 25 - 40L.

The RDSB will be fed via a power head with the water going in from the return pump section in the sump hence getting clean water going in.

The remote refugium will get water via a small power head in the skimmer section to ensure that its getting nutrient rich water.

I want both to gravity feed back into the sump.

Is there anyone here that has done this already? If you have can you provide some pointers for me?
If not can anyone see any problem with what i want to do or provide me with pointers?

Thanks

Ziyaad - I have not done this, but still WANT to do this, BUT, never have. The only thing that you will have to contend with - you will HAVE to keep the remote refugium/DSB higher than the sump, AND you will have to contend with the power-failures, that the water does not siphon out to the sump, and perhaps flood the sump during a power-failure... this will be bad for the refurium/DSB as well as your sump....

Jacques i have taken that into account, will setup an inverter system for those pumps as they will be really low powered. yes i will have them higher then the tank as i made the stand 800mm high, as well as both having the inlet and outlet at the same height i dont see lotsa water draining from them?

Back
Top Bottom