Any experience with multiple dwarf angels

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by duanead, 11 Mar 2012.

1. duanead

duanead

Hi guys

So I have a flameback dwarf angel for about 5months now and is doing great and bought a half black and white dwarf angel this weekend and they are getting along great.

My questions I only have is I only have a few polyps,one leather,one lps but I'm looking to go to a lps and softies dominated tank in future,

So what I want to know is will they become a problem if fed well regularly ?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. magman

magman

With all species, there is always one or two who break the rules, I have even seen a clown surgeon in a lfs, because it was pecking someone's corals,

but I think if you keep them well fed, they will be fine, I had large angels in a reef tank, and they used to do very well, except once when I was away for a weekend, they smaked a favities and softie because they were hungry

4. crispin

crispin

ive had multiple dwarfs in a tank before without aggresion or coral eating but it realy does depend of the fishes temperament. its worth trying with the knowledge that if things get aggresive (maybe aggresion towards other fish as much as other dwarf angels) then you need to move fast to get them out, and keep them well fed but with the corals you are talking about you should be fine.

you dont mention how big the tank is? mine was a 850l tank with lots of rockwork so swimming and territory was not a problem.

5. duanead

duanead Thread Starter

Hey crisp in thanks,tank is about 550 liters with lots of swimming space

6. magman

magman

the flameback can get aggro too

7. rakabos

rakabos

Flameback, aka jumping bean? They are quite prone to eat coral. Just ask Ian at Lifestyle how that one in his DT likes his SPS.

If your tank is big enough you can easily have two, how big is yours?

In my experience well fed has nothing to do with eating coral. Sometimes they just cant help themselves. If you were in a candy store after dinner, you may still wanna take a peek and have a nibble, the temptation is right there.

So be aware that with one angel there is a risk for coral eating, with two angels you double the risk.

Recent Posts