Any experience on the Reef Sun LED Units?

Reaction score
Hey all

Does anyone have any experience using the Reef Sun LED Units from Reef Aquatics? http://www.marine-aquarium.co.za/online-store/products/led-cree-marine-lighting/

My tank that is coming in is 900mm x 300mm x 300mm. My main option so far has been the Vertex Illumilux lights, getting like 2 of them over the setup.

I saw these Reef Sun Cree LED lights from Reef Aquatics though , and was wondering if the quality of the colour of the lights is quite nice, if the a 600mm unit would sufficiently cover a 900mm tank, and if there would be significant spillover depth wise?

They have Cree LEDs in them, so they are nice pendants, they are good looking units, so if you have an open system its gonna help, the price is reasonable, another advantage,
the controller is nice, i think there was a video link to it, so you can control the power.
your tank is not very deep, so they should work well,
I'm sure 60cm will cover your tank nicely.
If you are not a DIY guy, i would say its the best option out there.
And i'm sure the warranty is quite nice on these units, since they've been assembled locally :)

I own the 400m unit & i can only say good things about it!
I currently use it over my temporary tank (quarantine for corals) & it is coloring up even my purple montipora digitata & blue deepwater acropora...
Has surprisingly good par value for the price of the unit. Its perhaps not the best looking unit on the market, but for the price, i would definitely go for the the 900mm unit on your tank! (R3600 is a great price!)

Last edited:
Hi visser can u plz send sume pic of the unit working thinking of buying the 900m for my 1.3m tank or will the new leds that thy got be beter

Hi visser can u plz send sume pic of the unit working thinking of buying the 900m for my 1.3m tank or will the new leds that thy got be beter

Hmmm, not really sure about the new leds as iver never seen them in action.
Why dont you have a look at the 1.2m unit. It would fit great over a 1.3m tank & includes mounting brackets. (it would also be LOT cheaper than buying 3 of the new 90w units)

Will see if i can get some pics of the unit...

A tank where this unit was on for a short period :

9355425_orig.jpg

Another favourite:

7351516c310561b38.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom