Any been through this? Scam or Legit?

Discussion in 'The Sump' started by chikaboo, 10 Sep 2009.

1. chikaboo

chikaboo

[​IMG]Hi all - Anyone been through this? Why this is confusing is because I did try my luck in some UK lottery awhile back online but not too sure of this?

[​IMG]

Last edited: 10 Sep 2009
  2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. seank

seank

I know of members on this forum that lost a lot of money, playing UK lottery. They had to pay for transport or something, never to see their moneys again. And it was paperwork, phonecalls, interviews etc etc

4. chris

chris

Dont think you should give away that info,since they have a number give them a call.

5. chikaboo

chikaboo Thread Starter

Did give them a call and spoke to someone but they certainly didn't sound english but then again maybe he just work in the UK not born there - The thing is I do have a dormant account that if I do give those details and someone want to hack into they should stand to gain about 80 bucks but heard wierd stuff with peoples ID numbers - oh also asked what this is going to cost me - the chap said "nothing" and I was told to get in touch with my attorney to sort out paperwork - for transfer - so totally confused!

6. seank

seank

Chika, please give Madelein a pm before you do anything else

7. chris

chris

They have a branch in south africa situated in joburg,look it up(google), here is the south african branch number 011 217 6600

8. chikaboo

chikaboo Thread Starter

Thanks Chris will give them a call after 8 - Sean whose Madelein? Haven't seen her posts - or did she get scammed and now cant keep marines anymore - I will be very angry then - destroying a fellow reefers passion! I will fly down there myself and give them a good couple of boots!

9. seank

seank

Search under members, pm her, lovely lady

10. noproblem

noproblem

This is a classic Nigerian scam, they have "phished" your info and are now going for the kill. The numbers that you will call will be manned by the scammers and once they have all your info they will clone your identity and empty your bank accounts or apply for credit cards in your name and run up bills. The other trick is to ask for a small deposit to fund the transfer. I became I fundi on these scams and others while living in the UK. Unless you fall over a gold block and are allowed to keep it while over seas the only thing you may win is a green card......

11. noproblem

noproblem

Advance-fee fraud - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lottery scam
    Main article: Lottery scam
    The lottery scam involves fake notices of lottery wins. The winner is usually asked to send sensitive information to a free e-mail account. The scammer then notifies the victim that releasing the funds requires some small fee (insurance, registration, or shipping). Once the victim sends the fee, the scammer invents another fee.
    Much like the various forms of overpayment fraud detailed above, a new variant of the lottery scam involves fake or stolen cheques being sent to the 'winner' of the lottery (these cheques representing a part payment of the winnings). The winner is more likely to assume the win is legitimate, and thus more likely to send the fee (which he does not realize is an advance fee). The cheque and associated funds are flagged by the bank when the fraud is discovered, and debited from the victim's account.
    In 2004 a variant of the lottery scam appeared in the United States. Fraud artists using the scheme call victims on telephones; a scammer tells a victim that a government has given them a grant and that they must pay an advance fee, usually around $250, to receive the grant.

12. noproblem

noproblem

13. chikaboo

chikaboo Thread Starter

Ok guys just got of the phone with Joburg branch - either these chaps are very good or its legit - with the reference numbers I gave them they say there are corresponding paperwork for what I'm talking about BUT not 100% sure themselves - they say this was done before and money was indeed paid out - only to be taken back after a while with costs incured on my side! Good thing I didn't start ordering a new tank and house and car and my own marine forum with my own World Wide Chikanet infrastructure! :pDamn! Then I really would able to have someone at my every beck and call;) Ah you see money was going to my head - forgot to say thanks to every one for your responses !

Last edited: 10 Sep 2009
  14. noproblem

noproblem

15. Mekaeel

Mekaeel Moderator MASA Contributor

:lol:

16. noproblem

noproblem

R16 154400 would have been the rough guestimate. That's about R148K a month interest

17. chikaboo

chikaboo Thread Starter

That would get me some serious shares in Ushaka and Two Oceans - then who needs these Nano's?

Recent Posts