Anthias

Reaction score
is it better to buy anthias in a major group or can you buy like 3 then wait a bit and buy more. reason being is the cost really. want to spread it out a bit.

Two or more is good. The critical issue is diet. Especially early on. High metabolism and rich protein diet makes this one of the hardest fish to acclimatise and nurse back to health. IMO

Haha, hence the tongue :p, have you researched their feeding habbits Mike? Coz apparently they need to be fed a few times a day

Yep been speaking to warr about them. he reckons 2-3 times a day. i will have to get some live fish food fist then intaduce flacks later. so even if i get two and get them to feed it should be good yes or no?

I've heard of guys growing brine shrimp in their sump with a breeder and this give a constant supply of brine shrimp babies into the system. This might work as a feeding method

You can get a few at a time and introduce to your system. Just make sure only one is a male, else the 2 males will kill each other.
Feeding is very important,a minimum of 2 times a day.
Local caught Anthias dont always readily take flakes and pellets.A good diet to start the on would be frozen Artemia.

You can get a few at a time and introduce to your system. Just make sure only one is a male, else the 2 males will kill each other.
Local caught Anthias dont always readily take flakes and pellets.A good diet to start the on would be frozen Artemia.

And Roe ;)

k i bought this artemia stuff. how exactly do you use this stuff never used frozen food before. do you just cut a block into a small piece and chuck it into the tank?

I wouldn't suggest feeding frozen brine, rather feed Krill and Mysis especially for the Anthias.

Way more nutritional value than brine.

here is another question about anthias. is it best to buy a male or wait for one of the females to become the male?

Back
Top Bottom