Urgent help needed anthias breathing heavy and not eating

Discussion in 'Urgent Help Needed' started by malooda, 22 Nov 2011.

1. malooda

malooda

Hi

Over the weekend I bought three female anthias. After acclimatising' them i put two in and then the last one. as i was putting the third one in the fish net got stuck in his mouth after a min or two we managed to get it out. problem is i dont know which one got stuck, anyway the one (i think she is one that got stuck) has been sitting on a rock hiding since i put her in. she doesnt come out to eat at all, she looks like she is breathing abit heavy. she did move earlier and she kinda looked 'dirty' had marks or something on her body. What should I do? Can anthias get white spot?

Thanks

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Achilles

Achilles

Yes probably very stressed (min or 2 stuck in net = very bad)they dont handle any stress well and possibly this had brought on a disease they get all kinds including whitespot. For a better diagnosis post a picture.

4. Saltwater to go

Saltwater to go

sorry to hear about your Anthias. Hope you can get him to eat does your LFS sell live food live brine shrimp or pods of some sort. these will increase your chances of getting him to eat. Good Luck !

Fishman

5. pXius

pXius

For your next fish rather catch them with a clear plastic bag, removing the risk of them getting stuck. Try live food as suggested.

6. Tim S

Tim S

Anthias are very fragile fish, and need to eat often as well. Try to feed 3 to 6 times a day if you can. If she does not eat within 2 to 3 days them it's probably tickets i'm afraid. Good luck my and hope she takes to the food soon.

7. malooda

malooda Thread Starter

:(:( got back from university and found her under a rock, she didnt make it :(:(

thanks for all the help

few questions: 1 if i cant manage to get her out from under the rock, what do i do?
    2 there are two females left, is that ok or should get a third

8. Tim S

Tim S

Sorry to hear, I also lost a few a while back. Some to my own stupidity with silicon which had not properly cured and others to an agressive humbug. Goldies are my favourite fish so I feel your pain.

9. ziyaadb

ziyaadb

i suggest u get it out your tank as it will rot and pollute your water.
    Im sure i advised you on a QT tank, Vital vital vital will save u heartache in the long run

Recent Posts