anthia war

Reaction score
why is my one anthia beating the shit out of another one. And they both females :nono:
i am worried that it could get lethal

If both are females,it is strange. Try and rearrange some rockwork.

they are probably the 2 dominant ones ? if so this is a struggle for who is becoming male... it can be lethal but usually subsides.. id turn the lights off and cover the tank for a while..

i just got the one yesturday. she hasn't eaten well yet. i hope it will be cool they must sorte their problems out. yet i say again females.:)
i turned off the lights

that happened to me put 4 in total 3 females 1 male.....the 2 females bullied the one till it died...it starved didnt eat at all. so now i have 3 which are fat and happy.

I don't agree, once you have two species of males in the tank all hell will break loose.

The question should be how do you keep both species from creating males ?

i think the best way to avoid this is to introduce a lot at once (obviosly a number your system and pocket can handle).. even at the LFS they start fighting to establish dominance...

I don't agree, once you have two species of males in the tank all hell will break loose.

The question should be how do you keep both species from creating males ?
Maybe you need to do more research before saying "I don't agree"!
There are many tanks out there with different species of Anthias. All Anthias introduced should be females, then there will be one out of the lot that will change to a male!

hmmm...i think i got a battle still going on although i have a dominant male....bothe females are still growing spikey thigs on top

hmmm...i think i got a battle still going on although i have a dominant male....bothe females are still growing spikey thigs on top

i think your male might be a gay if he is letting the females turn male :)

The fight continues. but its really strange as they fight then they swim around happily together then something just sparks the one and she goes for the other one again weird.

warren i looked everywhere for these girls. i haven't seen a male anthia at a LFS for ages.

Maybe you need to do more research before saying "I don't agree"!
There are many tanks out there with different species of Anthias. All Anthias introduced should be females, then there will be one out of the lot that will change to a male!

Sorry

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom