Ant problem

Reaction score
howzit guys

i have a huge ant problem ... started a few weeks back , these guys were rummaging behind the tank , didnt worry cause they didnt interfere with the tank in any way ...

last night they were all over the edges of the tank , moving up and down the glass , now they are in the canopy and alot has already fallen into the tank , and into the overflow into the sump

WHAT CAN I DO ?????

Usually before a cold front the ants go wild. So see if they go away when the weather improves. Because getting rid of them without poison?? Lets see what the wise say.

spraying boiling water on them !!! would they affect my tank in any way though , the ants that is !!!

Why don't you try that magic chalk. Just draw a line around your tank and the ants wont go over the line. You can usually get it at Pick and Pay or Crazy Store.

Works extremely well and no chance of poisoning the tank like with an aerosol

yupp agree with palmerc, that stuff works like a dream, you might also try those green ant trap goodies, but its more a long term solution as it screws around with the queens ability to lay eggs.

thanx clinton thats sounds good ... any idea what its called and in which aisle in pick n pay i might it ???

Or you can use the messy method of using baby powder.....

Afsal, It is normally by the insecticides and other products for pests (eg. ant traps,mosquito sprays). Not sure where you would find it in a Crazy Store.

Not sure of it's name (Magic Chalk?), but you usually get 2 sticks in a pack and I think the paper around them is orange/yellow in colour

Why don't you try that magic chalk. Just draw a line around your tank and the ants wont go over the line. You can usually get it at Pick and Pay or Crazy Store.

Works extremely well and no chance of poisoning the tank like with an aerosol

Yes this stuff is awesome. You can get it almost anywhere. My local Spar sells it.

try the chalk out.if that doesnt help,phone a company called Ecopest and speak to feroz,he usually does all my jobs and tell him you got a tank near by,he does my flat so knows he's gotta watch out for the tank

but the ants are in the tank already ... do u think they are harmless if they fall in the tank ???

ants in cape town just run and jump over the damn chalk line i drew!
Afsal I had the same problem, didnt see it until i moved my background and the glass was caked with them, it's becuase of the cold that they attracted to the glass. I just took roller towel and wiped ém off. I doubt they should affect your tank, it's live food for the fish.

I have an Ant in my tank every other day.. Does more good than harm :lol:

thanx guys , i was fretting !!! bought the chalk , ant powder will do some ant hunting tonight !!!!

Back
Top Bottom