Another strange Fox face behavior thread.

Discussion in 'Marine Fish Discussions' started by pXius, 28 Sep 2011.

1. pXius

pXius

My FF has always been the tank pig, eating everything from nori to brine.

But for the last week he'll swim up to the surface as normal when they see me to feed. When I feed flakes he pigs out, but when I feed frozen brine he swims and hides and doesn't show for a good 10min.

He used to love the stuff and now its like he's afraid of it... I know they're herbivores but still???

Any ideas? :)

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. juan R

juan R

Hi there, my foxface has different behaviors every other week. They seem to be drama queens. Mine will eat like pig for a while and then all of a sudden not interested in food at all. Can't explain it but i think that is the way they are. Love them to bits though, they are like children.

4. Tony

Tony

Foxies are strange fish indeed. If he's eating and looks healthy, then I wouldnt stress

5. Helga

Helga

:lol: "Drama Queen", perfect!!!! they are. When I bought mine (8months ago) he was so thin and amaciated. Now he is as fat as a piggy. Hubby reckons his a retard, the Help calls him Zuma, she reckons he has the black face, not to clever and eats the whole day. But..... he is our favourite!!! Just such a sweetie:tt2:

juan R likes this.
  6. juan R

juan R

Hi Helga, thanks for the laugh. I can also relate with your husband. i think mine is also a retard but love him to bits.

7. Jeann1

Jeann1

:lol: ... So true.. they are some of the most entertaining fish you can have in a reef.
    My foxie shoeld be called "Julius M" .. he has a lot of bark,even with the tangs but no bite to back it up! :p

8. pXius

pXius Thread Starter

I swear I don't understand him, but being my first marine fish he stays my fav. I'll try some mythis today and see what he does.

9. juan R

juan R

Have you tried to make him a mix? I give my FF and all the others a mix that i make at home and they love it. I mix Pellets, mysis, brine shrimp, smeltd, vitamen c and m and garlic together in a foodprocessor and then freeze it in blocks. The mixture encourages them all to eat a little of everything and therby i know that my "kids" get the best nutrition that i can give them. I also notice that my FF also eats a bit of everything.

Recent Posts