Angels and macro algae

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by Undergravel, 13 Jul 2010.

1. Undergravel

Undergravel

Would 2 or 3 different species of angels destroy Ulva and caulerpa growth in a 2m tank.If I tried to replicate a Cape Vidal reef with loads of butterflies,wrasse,goldies,damsels and a few angels and the rocks covered in macro algae,I don't want it to end up bare.Anyone tried this?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. jacquesb

jacquesb Retired Moderator

IF I have not done so yet, Undergravel - a VERY WARM WELCOME to MASA!

To answer your question - NO. They would not. Angels are more zoo-plankton eaters. They just supplement their diet with macro algae...... Their meaty diet consists of at least 80% of their diet.....

4. Undergravel

Undergravel Thread Starter

Thanks.I really want to do something different.I was thinking of going back to reef but I love my semi and my flame angel too much.Will need a home for my tangs though.Then I can model ledges with cement and pvc pipe and cover with algae.I still have reef lighting.

5. Neil H

Neil H Moderator MASA Contributor

the key will be feeding, feed them enough and they *should* leave it growing for the most part IMO

Recent Posts