Angels and macro algae

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by Undergravel, 13 Jul 2010.

1. Undergravel

Undergravel

Would 2 or 3 different species of angels destroy Ulva and caulerpa growth in a 2m tank.If I tried to replicate a Cape Vidal reef with loads of butterflies,wrasse,goldies,damsels and a few angels and the rocks covered in macro algae,I don't want it to end up bare.Anyone tried this?

2. Guest

3. jacquesb

jacquesb Retired Moderator

IF I have not done so yet, Undergravel - a VERY WARM WELCOME to MASA!

To answer your question - NO. They would not. Angels are more zoo-plankton eaters. They just supplement their diet with macro algae...... Their meaty diet consists of at least 80% of their diet.....

4. OP
    Undergravel

Undergravel

Thanks.I really want to do something different.I was thinking of going back to reef but I love my semi and my flame angel too much.Will need a home for my tangs though.Then I can model ledges with cement and pvc pipe and cover with algae.I still have reef lighting.

5. Neil H

Neil H Moderator

the key will be feeding, feed them enough and they *should* leave it growing for the most part IMO

Recent Posts