Anenome Movement

Reaction score
Hi how could I get an anenome to move from its current position without moving it myself, if its at all possible

ive seen guys use power heads and blasting them to make them move. At the end of the day i believe you can do nothing. They move to where they happy not matter what you try and do.Not sure what anemone you have but i have 4 btas which love a medium flow and have secured there foot under a ledge so when they feel threatened they can hide...

Welcome to MASA!
Any reason why you want it moved?
You could try positioning a powerhead towards it....BUT a walking anemone often ends badly. Id rather leave it where it is.

Take ice to the foot of it, it takes a while but eventually it will start detaching. Can pull it slowly while doing it but don't tear the foot of it.

a strong light source will get a nennie to shift it's position, I usually turn my powerheads off and put one of the LED units overhead where they are and they generally move down. The key is the downward movement. What I then usually do is make sure I have a rock lower down that can be easily moved under the rock they are currently on. They then shift onto the rock I want them on and then can be situated wherever.

a strong light source will get a nennie to shift it's position, I usually turn my powerheads off and put one of the LED units overhead where they are and they generally move down. The key is the downward movement. What I then usually do is make sure I have a rock lower down that can be easily moved under the rock they are currently on. They then shift onto the rock I want them on and then can be situated wherever.

Thankyou I think this would be the safest option.

That's easy, all you need is the blunt end of a spoon, and slowly remove the anemone from the glass. I have removed anemones countless times from rocks using this method. Many have had success with a credit card or bank card too. However, do what is comfortable for you. I have never heard of the light treatment, good to know.

Many have had success with a credit card or bank card too
Done that before. As it sits on the glass its should be easy.

Alternative is to irritate the foot edge with your finger nail, run it back and forth. Do not damage the foot area. It will slowly pull back and you will be able to get deeper and deeper under it until it eventually comes off. Do not be in a hurry, take your time.

Back
Top Bottom