Anenome ID

Discussion in 'ID Needed' started by Storm, 5 Oct 2009.

1. Storm

Storm

For some reason my Internet is acting up and not allowing me to visit more then half the dam sites out there i need to, to ID Anenomes. Could someone please ID this guy for me while i continue to struggle against the machine (So to speak)
    [​IMG]

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tony

Tony

It's very hard to judge from the pic as the anemone looks bleached. Were there any defining characteristics when you bought it or was the anemone already that colour?

4. magman

magman

Storm, I got exactly the same, I was told one of the Crispa's (does yours also have a red foot, pic not too clear), mine has just started showing bits of colour in the tenticles, but will not stick to anything. I got it's foot half on the sand and half on a rock. Does yours sit happy

5. Storm

Storm Thread Starter

My internet is working again (Thank heavens... I hate Fail ISPs) and Magman its a Heteractis crispa (As i thought). And they wont stick because there feet will be damaged from transport. They tend to stick to everything within transport and get ripped off the rocks ect. Just push it between 2 loose rocks and remove once its settled. Oh and just for the record they prefer sandy substrates.

6. magman

magman

Storm, I have mine half sitting on sand, and rock, but still not holding, I am sure will take a while, also mine only eats pacific krill, everything else he regurutates, you have any problems like that? I have had mine now for maybe 2 months, and is starting to show a few flecks of purple/pink in the tenticles.

7. magman

magman

8. Storm

Storm Thread Starter

Plant him, he wont survive like that. Put him in a plastic pot if u have to lol. I just nudged mine in between rocks and there he will stay until he decides what to do. Ive had Anemones for years, but my big baby had a accident though... he was with me for 16months. the Turbine Pump fell off the glass wall ontop of him during the night, he didn't make it sigh :(. I miss my Retteri Anenome... Oh wells. And just for the Record your Anemone looks like a Retteri not a Herrectis Crispa, Retteri have Yellow balloon tips, but the coloring and photo could be making me c things

Recent Posts