Urgent help needed Anemones moving tanks

Discussion in 'Urgent Help Needed' started by jontheron, 19 Aug 2014.

1. jontheron

jontheron

Hi all I need to ask a few questions about my 2 anemones I have a bubble and a large carpet that were doing exceptionally well in my nano 102Lwith a canister filter before I stripped it down and moved them into a larger system the nano is back up and running with the addition of a sump phosphate reactor large protein skimmer and a few other bits as well as mature filter media the problem I have is the anemones don't seem to be doing as well in the larger tank so I'd like to put them back into the nano ASAP I have a couple of elephant ears that hitched a ride with the live rock I put in the display tank and they all seem to be doing well

My question is do I move them into the nano now or leave them in the larger system until the nano is more mature

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mouse

Mouse

Is the nano now a "brand new" system again - i.e. - new rocks, sand etc?

Or did you use cycled rocks etc?

How long has it been up and running since you stripped it?
    How long have the nennies been in the larger system and how long was that system running for?

4. jontheron

jontheron Thread Starter

All the live rock and filter media came out of a running system when I stripped the nano I placed the sand live rock and filter media in the larger system to "keep it alive" and have used that with about 50 % new sand and maybe 20% new filter material the tank has been running for about 3 weeks now the nennies have been in the large system for about 4 weeks

5. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

Your light units, are it the same, are they at the same depth they used to be.

They are just adjusting to the change in environment.

And please use this "." charackter. It does make your sentences not that exhausting. I read it in one breath... :blush:

6. jontheron

jontheron Thread Starter

Lol sorry RiaanP ,I will try use more punctuation . Don't want anyone fainting or anything .

They have a metal halide and 2 t5s instead of 4 t5s .

The depth has doubled or so in the new system from around 300 to 550cm of water

7. carlosdeandrade

carlosdeandrade

Same lighting (except less two T5), deeper tanks. That could be the problem. Don't forget that with moving your tank you have disturbed the balance in some way. Give the tank some time. Carpets and bubbles are quite hardy in terms of anemones and they should adjust, moving them again will only place extra stress on them.
    Patience is the key.
    If their mouths are not agape and not expelling their innards, they are still good.

Recent Posts