Anemone

Discussion in 'Anemone's' started by jacoc, 31 May 2010.

1. jacoc

jacoc

Hi Brenda

What should I do to keep an anemone happy and be successful in keeping it....?

Will I over stock my tank...?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

That is not a lot of info you are giving. What size tank do you have. Water flow, lights etc.

Please provide more information on your setup and also indicate what anemone species you have in mind.

4. deadmeat2016

deadmeat2016 Wouter

I love nemmies but it requires some reading, as far as tank goes, it needs space to expand and will sting everyting it touches so Space is important!
    2nd water quality - needs to be very good so no nitrites/trates ammonia and low phos
    3rd lighting - i have seen bubble tip anemones do well under t5's but most other nennies i would have to perscribe a metal halide
    4th flow- ummm not too much, not too little, bit hard for me to explain but enough flow to keep the nennie's tentacles waving about

anemones can and do move, I have a 1.2M tank and only one metal halide, whereever i put the halide, the nennie would move to be directly under it so i made him move to the middle of the tank then scaped around him, he has not moved for 5 months. Still some pics of ur setup would help and ask about anything u are unsure about

5. deadmeat2016

deadmeat2016 Wouter

Sorry, i should really have let Brenda answer you, im still a noob and didnt realise this was her forum, :(, She will prob give u better info

Sorry Brenda!!:whistling:

6. Anemone

Anemone

Hello Jaco and welcome to MASA!

There are many different variations for keeping anemones. You first need a mature tank. As stated you need the right combination of lighting. Different species have different requirements of light. Tank mates also need to be taken into consideration. Water parameters need to be kept up, and all powerheads and pumps need to be covered to protect a wondering anemone.

Can you tell us what you currently have?

7. Anemone

Anemone

No problem. I don't mind and you gave good information.

Recent Posts