Anemone Question

Reaction score
My little boy is getting quite close to the leather in the background.

Anyone had any experiences with anemones touching/stinking corals

5284981fa301d5ba.jpg

Hiya Warren! :wave2: How you doing mate! How abouts a visit in the Cape sometime again?

OK - to get to your question: Yes - the anemone CAN sting the leather a wee bit... I usually try and keep the anemone's away by placing rocks in their path (between the leathers and my nemmies)....

Otherwise - perhaps think of moving the leather SLIGHTLY to the side?

Warr - the leather will retract.... it will look like a tiny blob of it's former self....

Perhaps cut the leather then off at the base of it's stalk.... place it somewhere on/in between another rock..... This will then work.... :)

Perhaps cut the leather then off at the base of it's stalk.... place it somewhere on/in between another rock..... This will then work.... :)

I am going to leave for now, if I see it taking strain, I will then cut.

Although, i am going have to leave half the coral behind.

Hopefully the nemmie, decides to go back under the bright lights :)

sounds like disater waiting to happen :( no way of moving it....how much space is there 5-10cm between them? is the nennie jus swaying closer or moving his foot?

as you know my nenie swayed all over the place and they take up alot more room than people think, but as you say he'll hopefull go back to his rightful place:)

nice to see him doing well though, and keeping that ugly red beast of yours out your lps! :)

The actual base of the nemmie is quite far away, he does get closer with the sway.

If you get the pic with the foot, it is quite a long one, so flow does determine where his head ends up

Dude, I am moving nothing, both those creatures are growing and thriving like I haven't seen before. So I pray to JAH, to tell the nemmie to move on ;)

Nennie will sting and kill parts of the leather it touches. Wont kill the whole thing though. Ild just move the leather if i was u and then move it back when the nennie stopped moving.

Nennie will sting and kill parts of the leather it touches. Wont kill the whole thing though. Ild just move the leather if i was u and then move it back when the nennie stopped moving.

Can't be done with out moving 40kg of reef. I would have to chop it.

Hey there,

I have a year old tank - do well except for 2 fish death due to neni (see below) and a leather (see below)

Just jumping in - have 2 Questions. I think my green bubble tip neni stung my baby regal tang then it died - then I think it stung my Banana Wrasse who didn't look good all of a sudden then my wife thinks she saw the powerhead blow him into the neni and that was game over. I was told from the LFS this Neni was "tame" - my clowns love him though. Could these "murders" have happened???

Question about a leather. I think my hermit crab ate a hole in it - one day doing well then the next I see this fat hole in the trunk of my leather, it was downhill from there - Do hermits do this - should I banish him to the sump? Before I get some other corals and softies?
Thx
Al

Back
Top Bottom