anemone on the run

Discussion in 'Anemone's' started by xtreme, 3 Oct 2009.

1. xtreme

xtreme

Hi

Got an anemone that was damage in transport packing and did healed properly and started to close during the day and open at lights off, did try some different lights and add more and switch on only one but still didn't worked, so I moved it to my special aquarium (aquah2o) with its standard lights, did open for the first 3 days and it starts to run to darker corners (maybe should call it RUN AWAY BRIDE, or Julia, lol).
    I gave it some companions and now they are running after it (3xMaroon Clowns)
    Bought it as maroon bubble tip anemone, but some time wonder if they send the correct stock.
    Water conditions in the tank 99%, the 1% is the skimmer bubbles, like I mentioned it is a special tank.
    This is going on for about 3 months now.

Thanks

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. AndrévN

AndrévN

Tell me is this nemmie fully coloured up or is it still bleached. If its not fully coloured it will hide from the light, it would be to strong for him as he does not have simbiotic algae and therfore does not need the light at this stage. Simbiotic algae and nemmies works hand in hand. The simbiotic algae grows with light and hence feeds the nemmie. SO i suggest leave him be in the dark corners, it would be fine. My purple tip took 6 months to get back into the habbit of coming closer to the light, as he did not require strong light because of the lack of simbiotic algae. Feed him well and give him some time to recover. I fed mine muscles twice a week. Do not force it down his mouth though just nicely lay a quarter piece on his tentacles and youll see him feed. Some guys feeds krill and shrimp and suppose its a question of choice and what you can find. And then of coarse if there is corals in the same tank they share in the cyclop ease, zo and phyto plankton we feed our corals and drifts past it. Good luck and all the best in getting this baby sorted i love nemmies. Remember flow also plays a huge role with nemmies. I have one that actually moves into the flow, its so strong that it almost loosens him from where he is stuck to the rock but he just loves it and it looks weird seeing him being thrown from side to side. In the beginning i used to move him but hell just move right back, so now i leave him be as long as his happy.

Send anemone a pm and ask her what she thinks. Also try and post a pic of the nemmie thatll also help in seeing the condition and also if it is a maroon bubble tip.

4. dv8

dv8

3 x maroon clowns? do they not fight with each other? i have a pair of scunk clowns and i find that they actualy look after the nemmi, when the fish get fed they actualy take bits of food and "spit" it into the nemmi. quite nice to see this mutual co-existance

5. xtreme

xtreme Thread Starter

To Max

Yip, doesnt have its colour back yet, will load pic tomorrow, it found a new hidding place, between the red algea brances.

To DV8
    Bought 4 of them and one died with transport and those 3 is toghether sins then about 4 months now, the blue hippo tang keep them bussy lol

6. Anemone

Anemone

Maroon clownfish can be very rough on anemones. Since this anemone is bleached and injured, keeping three Maroon's with it can be deadly.

Can you post your water parameters and equipment that you have on your tank? Looking forward to seeing the pic.

7. xtreme

xtreme Thread Starter

Sins this post I removed the anemone and put it in my QT, But sorry to say it didnt make it, This was the last of the six I ordered:(
    They were all so damage

Recent Posts