Anemone ID please

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

This Anemone came with some live rock, I have had it for about 3 months now and its still the same colour, it eats ferociously! Literally opens up again after 5 minutes if not less and thats after a rather big piece of prawn.

Is it bleached or is this its colour?

On the rock were 3 other small white "things", they turned out to be mushrooms and they have coloured up and are not see through anymore.

ID and input with regards to its wellbeing will be greatly appreciated.

DSCN1476.JPG

Here it is with flash, killer prawns hanging out closeby, they are actually irritating because they pluck the food from the anemones mouth when I feed it, I have given them food first but they go on as if they never eat and end up yanking the food out of its mouth anyway.

DSCN1516.JPG

DSCN1517.JPG

DSCN1519.JPG

When you feed him stay a while longer and check if he spits the food and chase the shrimp till it has all the food in feed feed small chucks maby 1cm.
Can someone help with some input

He doesnt spit anything out and is fully open within 5 minutes of eating. He has moved a few times but not much, just his foot moved a bit and he changed position slightly.

I can only test for Nitrites, Nitrates and ammonia, will do that as well tomorrow. Oh and salinity.

Last edited:
How long can I keep the water to be tested? I have to be somewhere at 9:00 and the lfs only opens at 10:00 and Ill have to contain the water at 8:00.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom