Anemone id needed

maxisoft, I have deleted your post as something went seriously wrong there, please try post the pic again, thanks. :)

p.s. You're all wrong, it's a malu I tell you, a malu :1hissyfit:

Awesome thnx!! now I can c the threat again :D
Sorry Maxi, but yeah, something went wrong there. !

Tnx Viper!:peroni:

maxisoft, I have deleted your post as something went seriously wrong there, please try post the pic again, thanks. :)
I thought my eyes were going banana's ... froze my pc up.... Its a Titsup!:tt2:

Hehe Viper, I have no idea currently, pretty confused, but a bet is a bet so I will stick to my guns :p

Still not sure which one it is, but think i am going to give it a skip. A little too yellow to be natural in my opinion.

Yep rob. I agree. A shame, but ill rather not risk it. Tnx!

p.s. You're all wrong, it's a malu I tell you, a malu :1hissyfit:

Mewahahahaha ill give you the 50bucks if you right LOL. :whistling:

Description of a malu LOL

Heteractis malu (Haddon & Shackleton 1893), the Delicate Sea Anemone. Narrow, buried column of pale cream, yellow, orange to red color, sometimes with some yellow or orange splotching. Upper part with adhesive verrucae in rows. Sparse tentacles of stubby appearance, variable length, usually magenta tipped, with radial markings. O yes and it has orange basis.

Last edited:
Lol. Tnx Anemone!

In bad shape or should I get the guy?

Would crispa be ok under 8x 80w t5's?

Tnx!

Its a crispa i'm telling you viper its a crispa. :tt2: TY anemone.

Lol. Tnx Anemone!

Tnx!

I wouldn't get rid of it my friend. Feed it 3 times a week, i fed mine muscles the size of a pea as i see yours is very small. Don't force feed gently lay in on its tentacles so it can take it to the mouth itself. If it doesn't eat don't force it wait for tomorrow. If it hides from the light let it be as it has no protection against the heavy lighting. It needs to build up zooxanthellate again, its like an agreement between them the zooxan (swearing word to spell and im afrikaans, so if its spelled wrong forgive me) hosts on it and in return it feeds on it. The nemmie will come out by itself when it feels like it and if conditions is like it wants it. Remember the fish eat and all the droppings is also food for them, even if we don't think so. My crispa is under 54watt t5's and they doing great no ill effect. Maybe anemone can ellaborate here. Read up on anemones suggestions she has loads of stuff under the forums department under her name.

Last edited:
Tnx. I am looking to purchase it :p not to get rid of it.

Tnx for input on feeding and lighting.

Tnx. I am looking to purchase it :p not to get rid of it.

Tnx for input on feeding and lighting.

O shit sorry i read get rid of it, maybe i need glasses or read slower LOL. :whistling:

Lol. Tnx Anemone!

Tnx!

The anemone is a bit bleached (loss of zooxanthellae). Under the right conditions it could recover. The 8 x 80w T5's should be sufficient as long as you don't have an extremely tall tank. Depending on what the anemone is currently kept under, the T5's you mentioned may be a bit much and the anemone may need to be acclimated to the lighting over a period of time (weeks).

Have you seen this anemone eat? Is it sticky and able to hold on to food? What lighting is it currently kept under?

Understand that anemones can show a decline when they go through any change (moving from one tank to another). An already unhealthy anemone can go through a much more rapid decline. Do you know what salinity it is kept at currently?

Back
Top Bottom