Anemone Id confirmation

Discussion in 'ID Needed' started by red deacon, 25 Sep 2016.

1. red deacon

red deacon

So I bought a Sebae anemone 2 years ago from a LFS. When I bought the anemone it was typically coloured, white with purple tips. Over time the white colouring has changed to a "dirty" pink type colour. The anemone has thrived and is now at least 5 times the size it was when bought. It has attached to a large piece of liverock and has never wandered. It has never split. It is healthy and eats voraciously, I wish my inferno had the same appetite. Could I have views on whether it is indeed a Sebae, and thoughts on why the colour has changed - truth be told I would love it to regain the white colour. I have had my parameters tested religiously and besides a higher salinity reading about 3 months ago all parameters have been within spec. I have also replaced my T5 bulbs so lighting should be ok. I would appreciate any views and/or advice. Thanks IMG_4822.JPG IMG_4830.JPG IMG_4828.JPG

Last edited: 25 Sep 2016
  2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

Is the foot the same color?

I want to say Condy anemone.

4. red deacon

red deacon Thread Starter

Howzit @RiaanP . I have done some research and had a look at the possibility that I have a Condy. I have discounted that as a possibility because the foot is the same dirty pink colour and Condy's normally have a distinctive difference in colour of the foot, normally a dark orange/red from the looks of things. Thanks for the response.

Recent Posts