Urgent help needed Anemone doesn't look well

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360602665.616325.jpg

Split has definitely happened today , so now I await to see if it is for real or not

Most people I have chatted to it is tickets , but I am keeping optimistic

Color still looks good and stuck to the rock well

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360602665.616325.jpg

Defiantly looking good. We have many tanks where this happens. One tank has about 15 to 20 over a year or so. We keep removing them. Not the same anemone splitting but the colony.

Have you started feeding both yet?

@DeanT it is also possible and more likely that the reason for this anemone splitting in your aquarium is that it is under attack by the other anemone in the aquarium. This happens when the anemone tries to insure its survival in a hostile enviroment. The two species of anemone are releasing stinging cells into the water (chemical warefare)I can also be completely wrong here and its splitting because its doing so well and they are splitting as they can naturally do
I have seen anemones split after a simple 10% water change.

Note to fellow reefers it is not recommended to keep two or more species of anemones in the same aquarium they could end up destroying your aquarium ( total wipe out)

Last edited by a moderator:
@ADVdiver
Thanks for the info
I have had the 2 in my tank for a couple of months , so not sure it would start all of a sudden

The one nennie is a purple foot Magnifica, the other I am not too sure of the species, they look pretty similar but other one has yellow
Tips
Will
Post a pic of the other , I am sure you guys can Id him

Last edited by a moderator:
I think chemical warfare was taking place , main anenome still doing well, my purple foot I haven't seen.
Bubble tip is still okay but his roaming is not ideal

Back
Top Bottom