Anemone - deadman walking

Discussion in 'Anemone's' started by Warr7207, 18 Aug 2008.

1. Warr7207

Warr7207

I have noticed that nemmie-walking is quite a common thing in loads of systems.

Like to know, is this a random thing, or parameter based.

I have had two nemmies for 6 months and they have shown no sign of movement regardless of water parameters, flow, lighting, feeding, stock levels etc.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mike

Mike Retired Moderator

Nems usually only relocate when they are unhappy where they are, it may be lighting, lack of protection, perameters or another animal attacking it.

4. scubaninja

scubaninja

would be freaky to see a plant walking:)

5. crispin

crispin

some say they sit happily for ages and then suddenly take off, do a trip and thats it:(....but with your two new polarios you will be fine:)

i swear i will not get another nennie unless i have a popwer head free tank....and I love nennies, so def have to look at a cls:)

6. cybervic

cybervic

Just think about this. They sit nice in place for 6 to 8 months and then decide to pack up and run. Maybe it's time to change those bulbs. Just a random thought.

I've only ever owned 3 anemones - Carpet anemone (Lost due to powerhead after a light change)
    Green Bubble tip - Lost due to inexperience
    Sebae anemone (Heteracis Crispa) Still alive and well after 3 years. (This was a petshop mercy case)

The sebae sits happily under a 150mh in a 600 deep tank and never moves, even if I irritate it. My personal opinion is that with the right light, this is one of the easiest and best anemones to keep, provided that you can procure a healthy specimen.

7. Warr7207

Warr7207 Thread Starter

I like that light idea, Cybervic.

I have a Sebae, and he has experienced huge changes in lighting 150w MH to 450w T5's) and has never moved an inch, even when I ripped half his hiding spot apart due to gorilla crabs.

Recent Posts