Anemone crab

Reaction score
Hey all,

I've always got my eyes open for interesting and unusual inverts, really love em!

Saw an anemone crab in a shop the other day, love these little guys!

303_anemonecrabwhitezexx.jpg

So thinking hard of getting the guy as a present to myself for the end of my masters coursework (in two days time! woot!)

Just wanted to know what the going rate for these guys are and if anyone has had experience with them.

They are filter feeders, and apparently can ingest the mucus from corals and its host anemone.

I dont have an anemone, but lots of soft corals and xenia (they dont need one, and can thrive without). Would this little guy require target feeding or would it get buy with whats in the tank? My sand shrimp have always just scavenged and they're fine...

many thanks!
d

A shop in C.T had them about a month ago, R 69.95 , but they kinda irritate the corals, as seen in the pic, they grip into the coral and you cant get them off if you wanted to.

They arte filter feeders, holding out fans, they catch particles and injest it.

I know you dont have , but they sometimes give clowns caus they dont want to share the anamone.

Last edited:
Yeah I was worried about the coral irritation thing. But I might just be willing to put up with it for such an awesome little crab... Saw them at a shop today for 89.95... Will pm you to ask where you saw them...

From what I've read they try kick the clowns out initially but are bullied away after a while :)

i have 10 of them in my tank, they are very cool, and pair up and will live on anything.
i have 2 pairs in zoas.

they are filter feeders and i feed mine frozen cyclops

Back
Top Bottom