an innocent night at the club.. not for the sensitive

Discussion in 'The Sump' started by leslie hempel, 12 Oct 2011.

1. leslie hempel

leslie hempel Moderator MASA Contributor

2005 saturday night.. boks win everyone is festive and i was passing a guy in the club.. he jumped out an bumped me trying to start a fight i generously offered a beer to avoid the confrontation and his mate lambasted me with a double brandy glass

at this stage i had less than 6% vision in my right eye.. i have been back to the club 2wice but i have nothing lost there.. and i know all the bouncers well (most of them keep marines or pets of sorts)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i was very lucky that my mates brother whm i was with at the club was a paramedic and my girlfriend at the time refused to allow the doctor to remove my eye..

Steven Cooke at the eye center (also a marine enthusiast who id helped many times) sponsored 3 operations and wala i have a 100% fully functioning eye thanks to the generousity of others

just goes to show you the power of this hobby.. if steve and i hadnt connected through reefing i would surely have been blind in one eye today..

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. dallasg

dallasg Moderator MASA Contributor

looks hectic, all hobbies have the potential to bring people together

PS. i thought GP was rough

Last edited: 12 Oct 2011
  4. AfricaOffroad

AfricaOffroad

That will be the last time Lesley pinches another guy's girlfriends butt!:p

Strange how some guys get a thrill out of picking random fights.
    Fking stupid if you ask me. you potentially kill/maime someone for a few moments of drunken pleasure?????????

5. Andreas

Andreas

Eina. That oke will dread the day he hit me with a glass.

Glad you healed Les:)

6. Tobes

Tobes Retired Moderator

I also hate those type of guys in a pub. When you for example look around and you meet his eyes - he goes

"what are you looking at?"
    Then you reply "nothing"
    Then he says "Did you say something, huh?"

Dumb idiot!

If he asks me
    "what are you looking at?"

Uhm, looking for your mother..."

7. Tobes

Tobes Retired Moderator

Oops, forgot, glad you're OK now Les :p

When I come visit you, you must take me to that pub - would like to give that guy some negative rep :whistling:

8. Dlaria

Dlaria

Did he get charged with assault?

9. AfricaOffroad

AfricaOffroad

Well in your case the upside would be that it improved your looks:lol:.

Ha ha, just kidding, where you been stranger?

10. leslie hempel

leslie hempel Thread Starter Moderator MASA Contributor

lol

i would never :whistling:.. i was actually very well behaved THIS time :)

ag the worst part is he was chased the night before (the friday) for causeing trouble..

yep thats the MO... exactly what happened basically..

shot.. i will point you in the direction if you like but im enjoying quiet social braais with family and friends.. i actually barely drink at all.. nothing worse han having to wait 8 hours for an operation because of alcahol in your system.. it can change everything..

this was actually one of many charges of assault he had against him..if it werent for his father settling out of court with me it he would have sat...

:) thanks craig..

3g is giving trouble and work load is keeping me from sneaking on during the day :)

11. Tobes

Tobes Retired Moderator

Nah, just joking. I also like a lekka braai with friends and family. I'm over the night club thing and jolling days long time ago - I'll leave that for the experts :p

12. Afsal

Afsal

Besides being a muslim and Islam forbids alcohol , even I was allowed to drink I wouldn't for the very same reason that Les has experienced. Some guys just dunno how to behave.

Glad that you are well Les and yes you do meet some amazing people through reefing.

13. leslie hempel

thanks agreed 100%..

reefing is also how i met my wife :)

14. Alan

Alan Admin MASA Contributor

hell Les i would say your gaurdian angel was on your shoulder that night, and yes some of the best friends i have made in my adult life have been through this hobby.

15. Glynn

Glynn

looking like a proper slummies joller now Leslie !!!!

16. seank

seank

I agree, but Jameson lubricates my joints, and make me move wayyyyyy faster. Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee :p :whistling: :blush:

17. seank

seank

And then I run.....

18. leslie hempel

i was very lucky.

@Glynn ...you know then.. need to have a scar or 2 to say you from slumville :)

ha ha what kinda petrol tank you carrying around :)

i wasnt fast enough :)

@seank this guy was huge his nickname is van damme.. there was no way i was ever going to pick a fight with this guy :)

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  19. seank

seank

You right Les. It is still sad though that things like this keep us away from having a good night on the town. I still get the need (normally after a good couple of ales) to go out and have a nice jol, and most of the times it ends up in some type of argument/fight. Somehow the lighties target us older ballies (maybe they think they have to prove they men too....lol) and I hate it, as we also just want to have a couple of ales and a dance or three. Maybe they jealous as we dance and drink better than them. Fortunately the friends going with me also have nicknames like Mamba, Vleis, Snakes, Pittbull etc. It helps a lot hanging with the guys who have their reputations surpass them....... And the lighties knows us by now. But you right, we not doing it as often as we used to because of all the crap. And if you wanna "urkus me maximus" I must walk into a jol and you find one or 2 of these "bouncing balls" on the dancefloor without shirts on, high on "tik" or "speed", jumping up and down,knocking people dancing off their feet. Guarenteed I will get into some type of fight. Hence me not going as frequent as used to. My wife prefers it that way....lol

20. leslie hempel

and we get to drink more if we at home :) not that i drink alot but i occassionally have a good gooi and am grateful i dont have to drive anywhere :)

21. mandarin

mandarin

That's why i never go to a bar, ALWAYS some asshole causing shit - (Remember the pub shooting at a Tavern in Umbilo 2010.)

"When the shooting stopped, three men lay dying and two others were seriously wounded.

"I crawled around the pub and saw people lying down. It was scary. The shock only hit me this morning (Friday)," he said.

At the time two of the victims, Rory Menzies and Shawn Strydom, were still conscious.

"Rory said, 'I'm going to die, I can't breathe, I'm going to die'. Nick (Jansen van Rensburg) didn't say anything and Shawn was moaning 'Sore, sore'," the witness said.

He said the paramedics battled to try to save their lives."

Les you were very lucky, it could have been worse.

Recent Posts