ammonia,no2,no3

Discussion in 'Beginner Discussions' started by johannes rall, 21 Jan 2012.

1. johannes rall

johannes rall

Hi guys just want to know I have high ammonia,no2 and no3 count for about 2 weeks now and I did a huge water change last monday.I added a scopa of about 5cm +_ 2weeks back and caught 2 small butterflys a brown yellow tail sugeon and a convict surgeon about a week back all in the tank.Yes I know I should have qt it before hand but didnt have a tank.Could this be why I have the high param count I feed twice a day:)

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Alan

Alan Admin MASA Contributor

I dont know if they the reason for the spikes, if your kits are accurate it does indicate that your filtration is not keeping up with the live stock. I would suggest dosing with a product like Special Blend which will help your bacterial filtration .

4. lIghty

lIghty

5. johannes rall

johannes rall Thread Starter

Idid try another lfs and it also show its going to the high side will do water change tomorrow and start dosing with prodibio or something similar in the week.Thanks for the help

6. crispin

crispin

sorry to say but your parameters are not going to improve with the way you are adding Live stock and food. I havent read that other thread but you say in this one that you know you have high N levels (in different forms) for two weeks and then you say youve deliberatley ADDED fish to that tank. Thats irresponcible to the keeping of fish and you realy need to think about the effect that will and is having on the water conditions and thus the living conditions of all life in that glass box. If you have ammonia, N02 and No3, then you should NOT be adding fish that will just increase the levels.

i would suggest doing decent water changes and not missing one untill you have the Ammonia and No2 down as well as adding a bacterial source as Alan ahs already suggested.

7. johannes rall

johannes rall Thread Starter

And you didnt do something without thinking before you do everything to the book :mellow:

8. LuckyFish

LuckyFish MASA Contributor

Any reefer did something wrong. The more you get experienced, the less mistakes you make. The fact, that you opened this thread shows me, that you want to know, what went wrong. Only if we understand our mistakes, we can learn. Many things happen in our systems and many things we still do not understand. Why did that one die and why that one.
    The way you wrote your first post in this thread, sounds like that you were aware of high ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. Then still adding fish is just cruel.
    I read it, that you feeding them twice, knowing about your bad water parameter.
    Quarantine tank or not, that has got nothing to do with your water parameter.
    I hope you did reduce feeding, just enough to keep the fish alive.

Recent Posts