alternative to super glue gel

Discussion in 'Fragging Corals' started by sweetnsour, 28 Aug 2010.

1. sweetnsour

sweetnsour

Hey all

ok so this whole thing of one sqeeze and the gel is finished is k@k!

guys anyone know of a alternative super glue gel?

I have been reading up on BSI cyanoacrylate gel and they suposedly come in sizes close to toothpaste which is what i am looking for.

any ideas?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Broder

Broder Mudshark

Tagging along.

4. Manic

Manic Moderator

I know of a pet shop that sells that cyanoacrylate gel in 30ml (I think) tubes.

5. Manic

Manic Moderator

They sell these ones:

CorAffix™
    Cyanoacrylate Adhesive

NEW CorAffix is an ethyl cyanoacrylate bonding compound with viscosity similar to honey. Use it for attaching stony corals, gorgonians, and other sessile invertebrates in natural positions on the live rock in aquariums. Also for attaching coral “frags” in coral culturing. Use with AquaStik™ to attach larger coral heads. First put freshly mixed AquaStik on live rock. Push the coral base into the AquaStik and then remove the coral, leaving the impression of the coral base in the AquaStik left in place on the live rock. Allow the AquaStik to harden for 20 minutes. Next put CorAffix on the coral base and press it into the impression made in the AquaStik, forming a secure bond in 20 seconds. Available in a 2 oz bottle with an elongated tip that can be cut to the desired orifice size. 56.7g (2oz)

[​IMG]

CorAffix™ Gel

NEW CorAffix Gel is an ethyl cyanoacrylate bonding compound with a thick gel consistency. It is very easy to use for attaching frags of stony corals, zoanthids, and some soft corals to plugs or bases. Available in a 20 gram tube with easy to use, re-sealing tip.
    20g (0.7oz)

[​IMG]

6. sweetnsour

sweetnsour Thread Starter

Thanks manic what does this cost and where can I get it , I should have run out to the hobby shop this afternoon

7. Manic

Manic Moderator

I have no idea how much it costs but probably plenty because I saw it at exotics and they are expensive. The hobby store one works well and is cheaper but don't use the activator they sell with it, that stuff is very poisonous.

8. rakabos

rakabos

I just bought a tube of marine putty at VIP pets, works really well. Was about R170 for a tube, and stuck on about 5 frags under water, half the tube is left. I also tried supergel but it never really worked

Recent Posts