Alternative for Tom's aqua lifter pump

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers, Mechanical Filtration' started by KAJSafrica, 7 Nov 2018.

1. KAJSafrica

KAJSafrica

SO im in the process of building a system and bought a tank but was a bit to afraid to drill into it, instead i bought a red starfish 2600 hang on overflow box.

At the top of the box is a small airline tube to suck out air to keep the siphon going after a power out.
    Now you attach a toms aqua lifter pump to that airline, but the issue is there is no store i know of in gauteng or sa that sells them.

has anyone found a replacement ?

I know some say you can use a single dosing pump but i beleive that it just wont suck out enough water quick enough, and the other method is to hook it up to a venturi of a pump but i would like to avoid that if possible?

Help please.

2. Guest

3. hotdog83

hotdog83 Clone Fish Moderator

Wizard$ likes this.
  4. OP
    KAJSafrica

KAJSafrica

Yeah we wanted to but we were warned against it because of the glass thickness, but at least for future upgrades il effeminately head that way, thanks for the feedback

Recent Posts