Almonst got a light stroke

Discussion in 'Beginner Discussions' started by jack, 12 Jan 2012.

1. jack

jack

Hi

Got home last night b4 heading to aries and when i looked in my tank there were pieces of my fire shrimp all over the place :eek: seemd he had died, the best looking and most expensive of my shrimps...

With the crapy feeling of my loss i went off to my bud. As we talked and he enlightened me a bit about corals and so on i mentioned my shrimp which had died.

He sad that the shrimp do loose their skin from time to time and that it almost looks like your shrimp had died and been torn to pieces.

After i went home i hoped it had been him only loosing his skin but couldnt find him anywhere, so again i felt like popo thinking again i lost him all over again lol.

Placing my new frags( Armand gave me wohoo!) in my tank felt something scraching my finger... Could you believe it, it was my shimp(Normin):yeahdude:.

Felt so relieved, dono if he tried eating my finger or just came to say awe or what, but glad hes alive!

Tank is starting to look better now, will post pics in bout a month to show what i got as their very small atm and dont look like much YET.

Tnx for the advice m8.

ps. why do the shrimp come to my hand? and if its coz he wants to eat me, does it bite hard?:whistling:

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. dallasg

dallasg Moderator MASA Contributor

glad you found this out :)
    shrimps molt when they grow, so provide aditional iodine and calcium but using good salt and doing water changes

they are parasite cleaners, and all the microscopic critters on our skin, make good food
    they dont bite, but it feels cool when they poke around

4. Mewik

Mewik

If you get enough they will pick all the gunk out from under your nails when you put your hands in lol....if you're into that sort of thing. I saw some medical things once where they used a type of shrimp to clean a wound or something like that.

5. jack

jack Thread Starter

:eek: ok il try my middle finger tonight. lol

Recent Posts