Allergic Reaction

Reaction score
Hi guys.. anyone ever have an allergic reaction to anything in their tank?
I think i mite hav come into contact with some frogspawn toxins coz my hands and wrists have exploded with huge pimples (looks more like boils)
Been to the doc, just a process of eliminating any causes now...
This what my finger looks like, the pic not too clear tho:
finger.jpg

Irshaad are u sure this came or was caused by the lps.
What softies do u have ?

not sure if was caused by any of my corals, but just needed to make sure first.
i have leathers, shrooms & xenia, and yellow scrolly.

Dude - my hands looked like this after I've handled my nemmie...
more than once.:whistling:
My hand looked like this for a week or so..

Thats why you need to use gloves mate - even something like Zoa's can cause alot of damage to us humans....:lol:

Go and check in the coral frag forum - in one of those there are a video where a guy mentioned a couple of incidents off corals causing irritations ext....If I'm not mistaken - even death...But I'm not sure...So don't take my word for that - go and search for it. I can't remember the thread....

Dude - my hands looked like this after I've handled my nemmie...
more than once.:whistling:
My hand looked like this for a week or so..

Thats why you need to use gloves mate - even something like Zoa's can cause alot of damage to us humans....:lol:

Go and check in the coral frag forum - in one of those there are a video where a guy mentioned a couple of incidents off corals causing irritations ext....If I'm not mistaken - even death...But I'm not sure...So don't take my word for that - go and search for it. I can't remember the thread....
please don't get me wrong here - I'm not saying that you're going to die!;)
But some of the corals might be very toxic - even for humans...

Very very important to wear surgical gloves when working in the tank. (I should be the last one to speak)
I wonder how many of us actually do wear surgical gloves (i know i dont...)
But yes it is important....just ask irshaad what is the results in not wearing it....;)

Maybe start a poll to findout who is doing the right thing?

i never wear gloves but when i toach a slime sps my fingers get swollen up and numb

Last edited:
i never wear gloves but when i toach a slime sps my fingers get swollen up and numb
that sucks mate, i think i'm impervious to all this stuff, you remember the rock incident?:) i sometimes touch my frogspwan cause its so soft an squishy:) only thing i would worry about is the nennie, but then again not really. but i'm not encouraging it all, just saying.

that sucks mate, i think i'm impervious to all this stuff, you remember the rock incident?:) i sometimes touch my frogspwan cause its so soft an squishy:) only thing i would worry about is the nennie, but then again not really. but i'm not encouraging it all, just saying.

lucky you dude, just don't touch zoa's and put your finger in your mouth

Its itchy, will definitely be using gloves from now on.
Where can i find loooong gloves from in cpt?

i've had a really bad reaction to a nenny and bristleworm stings.... ended up at the ER with this swollen hand...

Dischem sells gloves in boxes... cheap cheap

I think diff ppl react diff to these things as i used to touch my nemmie often and used to feed it by hand.i touch my frogspawn and torch corals a few times and no ill effects however both with the nemmie and lps i always wash off the slime that gets left on your hands.maybe not washing after working in tank is the problem??

Back
Top Bottom