All u sun lovers out there r bleaching the corals

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
We have had "you must wear sunscrean or die" rammed down our throats for the last 15-20years, now "wear sunscrean and kill everything else" pops up, i give up

Kanga

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Scary sometimes we dont know what impact we have

Alan

Admin
Reaction score
LOL, look at the size of the ocean and think about how much of a difference sunscreen would make, compared to an oil spill from just 1 tanker.

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Take into account too how many fishing trawlers drag their nets over coral reefs world-wide, as well as dump chemicals into the water....

What about pesticides and other chemicals used (ie phosphates, etc) to fertilise crops, that goes into the sea yearly, by the run-down of rivers...

Yeah - wetsuites MOSTLY contain human chemicals/fluids that they are not spilt into the sea ;-)

Alan - oil and diesel spills really gets me down. What I cannot understand - we are living in the 21st century - how can this still be allowed to happen? We (the world) have the technology to ensure that such spillage never happen - BUT this "Technology" is never implemented? Strange, I say.... I think that just about 95% of the humans on this globe does not care enough about the earth and nature, to really even consider the impact that us humans, and our activities (manufacturing, production, shipping of goods/chemicals, etc) have on this earth.

I wonder how many tons of radioactive waste is being dumped at sea???