Algae scrubber - in sump?

Reaction score
Hi guys

Im thinking of running a scrubber in my sump, middle section. So overflow from chamber one over the scrubber into chamber 3. Anyone doing this at the moment?

Cheers

Reaction score
Firstly what type of scrubber are you wanting to run? A horisontal or vertical one? I take it it will be horisontal from your description. How will you split the waterflow to go over the scrubber and the DSB?

Reaction score
Well i am thinking of ripping out the DSB, so yes it will be horizontal... I am at my witt's end with bryopsis up top and maybe this could help get rid of it also

Reaction score
I dont think it will get rid of the bryopsis to be honest. You have more guts than me for ripping out the DSB of a mature tank. I have toyed with the idea but then said why try and fix something that is seemingly not broken. The risks of livestock losses are just too great for me.

Reaction score
Going to follow this one guys...

I did try to kill the algae with hydrgen peroxide - didnt work so I am guessing that it IS the dreaded bryopsis!!!

My tank is new, not even the chaeto and caulerpa are growing...

here is a link to what I think is my problem... macro algae index...... - Page 2

Maidens Hair or Turtle Grass....
@rakabos - have a look - maybe we can find your algae here...

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom