Algae Scrubber help

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I an having issues with aglae. I want to try building an algae scrubber to help with the problem.

I have a space shortage so i dont think i will be able to setup a screen in or above my sump.

What do you think of building a remote scrubber? Run a pump from the return chamber to a bucket near the tank, and then use another pump (or gravity) to get the water back to the sump?

How big would the screen need to be if my total tank volume is about 320litres?

What kind of flow is required to get good growth on the scrubber?

In terms of lighting, for the scrubber, will energy saving bulbs be okay or do we go with the high wattage bulbs?

Thanks

hi dogstar

yes look at the mega nitrate and phosphate remover thread, there are plans there to build in a bucket etc, aand yes it will work with one pump and gravity

hi dogstar

yes look at the mega nitrate and phosphate remover thread, there are plans there to build in a bucket etc, aand yes it will work with one pump and gravity

Will check that thread out.

Any people got an idea of the size to make the scrubber, given my water volume?

Balancing two pumps = looking for trouble.

I got a 45w energy saver, My scrubber looks good after 1 week and my Cheato is excellent. Almost time to split it and give a portion away.

My scrubber hangs directly over sump, overflow pipe from DT runs down it. With a "emergency" overflow build in. No pumps only stuff that is for free - gravity

Will check that thread out.

Any people got an idea of the size to make the scrubber, given my water volume?
in that thread all the info you need for calculations, pumps etc

Yes Riaan, please post a pic.

its on the thread and his tank thread, i remember seeing a pic somewhere

Back
Top Bottom