Alan's 5 tonner

Discussion in 'uncategorised' started by JAJA, 11 Aug 2010.

1. JAJA

JAJA

I have a 600 litre FOWLR system with some softies (500 DT with 100 sump) which I have used to gain experience.

I am currently planning a new reef system which provisionally comprises a +/-5000 litre DT, 1000 litre sump/refugium with a separate 500 litre RO storage tank.

At this stage I am generally only looking at space planning as this whole system must fit into an existing room measuring 2850x3200. The DT will take up the front wall as the main display with the engine room behind. Current planned tank dimensions are 2850L x 1500W x 1100H (water depth 1000). Front and one side viewing panels will be starfire glass. I know depth is not ideal from a practical point of view but I am willing to live with this for the sake of the larger viewing pane/s. The tank will sit on a 900 high base. Tank builder still to be decided.

This will be part of some alterations and additions to my house that will be completed around April next year so I have time to plan properly.

This thread is just to get the ball rolling and to get advise from all the guru's out there. I would appreciate any comments at this stage with regard to suggested equipment. I will be using MH as the main source of lighting but want to combine with T5's and moonlight LED's for flexibility and effect. I would like to use wave boxers combined with streamers but am concerned with the overall "wave" height that will be created and the system cost. Vortechs could be an alterantive.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Alan

Alan Admin MASA Contributor

Sounds awsum, good luck.

4. gecco

gecco

WOW sounds like a great setup, I see a awesome thread coming!! :)

Recent Posts