Alanod in Johannesburg

To give you an idea - here is the sheet, and some pics of how I cut it.

100_2869.jpg

the pink is a plastic covering to protect the highly reflective finish

I scored it with a stanley blade

100_2880.jpg

and punched the bits out - easy!

100_2881.jpg

Finshed product

100_2874.jpg

That looks awesome to use, easy to work with, and for the price it's cheaper than Mylar, i'd be interested to test both back to back on reflectivity and let everyone know how it fares!!!

Thanks MND123!!!!

Nice reflector you got there. Please post a pic with the end result

Hey Keyaam, here it is with lights off - you will note as I said above that I left the plastic on till I am finished (have not wired in the last 2 ballasts - the birth of my beautiful daughter yesterday put the kybosh on that idea :)) but you get the general idea. I have giesemann actinic and 15000K thus far - think I will go lower (price) for the rest though!

100_2885.jpg

and lights on

100_2882.jpg

nice going there mnd123 looks like a good easy product:)

i was thinking of placing a full sheet under my hood to have a total reflective plane for the lights.

what did that sheet set u back if i may ask?

oooh i just seen your last post

Congrats on the birth of your daughter, i hope mum and baby reciover fast and are home soon to keep you awake:) always nice to hear of new reefers being born:)

nice going there mnd123 looks like a good easy product:)

i was thinking of placing a full sheet under my hood to have a total reflective plane for the lights.

what did that sheet set u back if i may ask?

Hey Crispin, the sheet was R270 for 1250x1000

I was going to go flat, but the waterproof endcaps that I had would not allow that, thus the reason for punching the holes in - thank heavens for Alanod, coz I could NEVER have done this with stainless steel!

100_2887.jpg

See that they have clips to go THROUGH the metal - so I punched the holes as above and they slotted in

100_2884.jpg

Whats cool is that my wiring can now run underneath the alanod, as I put it on them posts

Back
Top Bottom